Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Taking blare blade orders Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Taking blare blade orders         Reply with quote

Japanese styled swords don't get much press around here, but I thought I would extend a special opportunity to you guys. Odinblades is having a kind of save the house and shop sale. If you order a katana blade (most any size as you know) on up to zweihander I can make the blade at discount and with quick turn-around of just around Christmas. If you would like to order a custom of some kind including most euro styles and fantasy fully mounted with scabbard, then it would be done around April of ordred now. Working on custom orders now just not that booked up, so thought it would be a good time to do some faster side orders. Please email me odinblades@aol.com or phone (845)355-2968 anytime, thanks!
Matthew Stagmer
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 09 Oct, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sounds good John. I have a few bare blade customers that I will drop an email to and see if they are in need.
Matthew Stagmer
Maker of custom and production weaponry
Youtube.com/ThatWorks
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi, got alot of inquiries about bare blades, and I thak you. But, it seems like folks don't really know what the difference between custom on of's and production. Production means many blades made on CNC and cleaned up nice, with all hilt components cast. The mounting and tang with some companies is very good and in others very poor, but in all cases castings are used. the heat treat with some of these companese can be really great, in par with custom one of a kind blades, but usually not. Folks have been asking me for quotes and sending picures of very complex hilts and tons of super details on the fittings and then being suprized when I give quotes, it is because I make all parts from solid blocks of metal and handforge to shape. When I have to hand carve all the details for each separate hilt from solid steel it would be impossible to compete with your Albions or Arms and Armour boys, let alone the guys from the Check republic or many other foriegn companies. There is just no way I can compete price ways. If you like Albion but cannot afford it and think you can squeeze a custom smith into beating them at thier game, think again! Whatever that large company charges I cannot beat it and in most cases it will be more for the same type thing to order from me or from any other reputable custom smith. Some big companies feel they are good enough to compete with the custom smiths in quality and charge accordingly, usually this is not the case. Please donnot think that a hammer forged and hand carved fitting from steel from a custom smith is going to be way less, let alone a large blade, than a production sword from anywhere.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Taking blare blade orders
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic