Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword from Kingdom of Heaven Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Douglas G.

PostPosted: Tue 07 Oct, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Sword from Kingdom of Heaven         Reply with quote

Sorry if this is old ground here. A pal just got a blue ray disc player and by way of trying it out we watched Kingdom of Heaven. Longer than the disc I have it also made more sense with deleted scenes added. But my question is does anyone know who made the swords the "Saracens" used? Especially the one used in the first duel over the horse?

Doug G.
Doug Lester

PostPosted: Tue 07 Oct, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I take it that you are talking about the director's cut. I agree, it makes a far better story than the version that was first released. According to the special features included on the discs the swords were all made in the prop shop by smiths hired to make the arms and armour. If you watch the credits you might be able to catch the names of the smiths and then google the names to see if they produce swords for sale. Remember, however, that these were props and not real swords and they only had to look the part.
Leo Todeschini
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Most if not all of the swords were made by a company called 'Zorg Armouries'. They are indeed a film armoury company and one that I have supplied in the past, though I am sure that they could make you a real sword if required, but it is not their stock in trade.

They have credits going back to Indiana Jones, Gladiator, Troy, Fifth Element, Band of Brothers, Blood Diamond, Sahara, Braveheart etc You get the picture.

They are a great company and I am sure could make pretty much anything - however.............

If you scrape below the surface you will find that most of the makers on this forum are not rich because they don't really charge enough for what they do; that is not true of the film industry.

On a last note I would ask all of you out there not to rush in with a million requests to Zorg, I have posted this information up for general interest and to answer a thread but if they get inundated with requests they may not be able to fulfil, it won't take them long to get annoyed at me.

Regards

Tod

www.todsworkshop.com
www.todcutler.com
www.instagram.com/todsworkshop
https://www.facebook.com/TodsWorkshop
www.youtube.com/user/todsstuff1
Douglas G.

PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you, Tod. I don't know if you have much to worry about regarding excess email to Zorg, I tried to google
them and got referred to this thread! Nice body of credits they've got tho'

Doug
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have moved this topic to the Off-topic Talk forum.

Please note the description for this forum:

"Discussions of general history and other miscellaneous topics relating to arms and armour that do not specifically fit our other forums"

Thank you.

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword from Kingdom of Heaven
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic