Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Bristol Renaissance Faire 2008 Opens! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Christopher Gregg

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Bristol Renaissance Faire 2008 Opens!         Reply with quote

Greetings Forumites!

I'm curious how many of us will be attending the Bristol Renaissance Faire on the Illinois/Wisconsin border above Chicago? I (and my wife) are planning on being there on opening weekend, July 5th & 6th, and will of course be visiting the Arms & Armor booth. I'd love to meet as many of my fellow Forumites there as possible (Bob Burns, this means you), to talk about, well, arms and armor, plus our many other related interests.

I've asked Craig Johnson if he will attend, so provided he does, it would be a great opportunity for those of us in the region to chat with him about A & A's wares. Hope to get to meet as many of you all as possible!

Oh, BTW, Bristol does allow patrons to enter armed (blades only), but all blades must be tied into their sheaths to be permitted inside the Faire (so they cannot be drawn).

Christopher Gregg

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream!
Chris Last

Reading list: 8 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll be there. And most weekends after first. I'm the second in command down at the military encampment so feel free to pop down after your visit at the A&A booth!
" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org
Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I plan on going agin this year though not opening weekend. It looks like I will be going in August and maybe Labor Day weekend as well. And I defintely plan on drooling at, er I mean visit the A&A booth.
Allen Reed

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Bristol Renaissance Faire 2008 Opens!         Reply with quote

Christopher Gregg wrote:
Greetings Forumites!

I'm curious how many of us will be attending the Bristol Renaissance Faire on the Illinois/Wisconsin border above Chicago? I (and my wife) are planning on being there on opening weekend, July 5th & 6th, and will of course be visiting the Arms & Armor booth. I'd love to meet as many of my fellow Forumites there as possible (Bob Burns, this means you), to talk about, well, arms and armor, plus our many other related interests.

I've asked Craig Johnson if he will attend, so provided he does, it would be a great opportunity for those of us in the region to chat with him about A & A's wares. Hope to get to meet as many of you all as possible!

Oh, BTW, Bristol does allow patrons to enter armed (blades only), but all blades must be tied into their sheaths to be permitted inside the Faire (so they cannot be drawn).

My wife and I are thinking of going with some reenactor friends from the Apple River Fort State Historic Site in Elizabeth, IL. However, we will be at the fort , with the same friends, on the weekend of the 4th.

Allen
Chris Last

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great to meet you and your wife in person Christopher! You had a fantastic weekend's worth of weather and hope the trip back was safe!
" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
Christopher Gregg

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bristol had a great opening weekend, and it was wonderful to get to meet you, Chris. The Queen's Miltia is a fine display, and it was a treat to get to talk to you about the weaponry. The Faire continues for eight more weekends, plus Labor Day, so I hope to visit at least once more! Hope to meet some more Forumites at Bristol!
Christopher Gregg

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream!
Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wish I could have made it this weekend since the weather was great. It looks like I will be there the 16th of August with my wife. I definitely plan on stopping by and I hope to talk with you Chris as well as meet any other forumites who might be up there that day.

Scott
Dave W.

PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Great Time...         Reply with quote

I wasn't able to go this year do to work and school, but last year I was a guest cast member in the queens court. I been to some other faires, but after Bristol, they just leave me disapointed. The attention to historical accuracy and the effort that everyone gives makes it something special. Hopefully next year I'll be able to get a weekend off...

Dave
Lonnie Colson

PostPosted: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I made it out. Took the fiancée along and got to dress her up in armour thanks to a group whose name slips my mind. I got some cool photos that I should post sometime of the weapons demonstration where they mutilated cantaloupes with sword, spear and early firearm.
Lonnie Colson
Medieval Arms & Armour Enthusiast
Visit me at LonnieColson.com
Chris Last

PostPosted: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yep, that would be my group! A pleasure to have you down! We're doing a couple of other events in the next couple weeks, so those of you that are in the Manitowoc WI area swing by the St. Francis Fest and those of you in Illinois, come out to the Stronghold Olde English Faire!

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
Christopher Gregg

PostPosted: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Chris, I'm trying to find a web site for the Stronghold Faire, but I get nothing current. Got any info to post?
Christopher Gregg

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream!
Chris Last

PostPosted: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here ya go!

http://www.strongholdcenter.org/englishfaire.html

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Bristol Renaissance Faire 2008 Opens!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic