Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword Carrying Case and/or bag Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ron Reuter

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Sword Carrying Case and/or bag         Reply with quote

Does anybody use a specific case or bag to carry multiple swords around. I will be carrying several swords with me to different classes, and it would be handy to have a bag that keeps them somewhat safe and seperated It will be a mixture of wasters and blunt swords.

I actually use my telescope case to carry them around now (works pretty good)

http://www.telescope.com/control/product/~cat...t_id=A0006

but thought there might be something out there a little more sword specific. I am capable of making one if anyone has any ideas or plans.

Thank you for your responses,

Ron Reuter
Christopher Gregg

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Sword carrying case         Reply with quote

Ron,

I sometimes use a foam-finger lined shotgun case when I'm transporting swords with simple hilts. Dick's Sporting Goods or similar stores carry a variety of styles and sizes, in several price ranges. I bought mine a few years back for around 30 bucks. It can carry two simple hilted swords and a dagger or two.

Christopher Gregg

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream!
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I had a leather bag custom made with a shoulder carrying strap, wide at the top and tapering a bit towards the end, i.e. a long leather tube.

There are loops at intervals through which leather tongs can be tied to keep the swords/wasters from rattling inside and the top is a simple draw string.

One of the tongs is at the level of the guard(s) and when tied just above a guard keeps things from coming out easily.

A bit like a soft " rifle " carrying case but shaped to " NOT " look like I'm carrying a rifle around, I hope! As this might cause some panicky calls of " man carrying rifle " on the street: When the tongs are tied the outline of the swords makes it look different than a typical rifle carrying case. ( Only a factor as I walk to my sword classes on busy city streets or on public transit and I don't live in a rural area ).

Would work for archery also as long as the bow was unstrung, like this but with a carrying strap and wide enough at the top 1/3 for the width of the guard. Longbow bag, scroll down: http://www.archeryworld.co.uk/acatalog/Recurv...Boxes.html

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Dietrich Dellinger

Reading list: 13 books

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have a bag from http://cavalierattitude.com/. It's basically a larger version of the standard fencing bag. My only real issue with it is that one of the rings for the shoulder strap bent apart a bit, but I stiched it in tighter so it can't twist anymore and it's been fine ever since.
Tim Harris
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A golf bag can accomodate a useful number of swords - if you work out the ideal pack. Inexpensive, and plenty of pockets for smaller bits of kit to boot,

Some guys in my WMA group use wakeboard bags, which will take a longsword easily, and have wheels.
Ron Reuter

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks everyone,

I have lots of good ideas now!

Ron

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword Carrying Case and/or bag
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic