Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Swords You'd Take Into Battle "Part II" Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Christopher VaughnStrever

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Swords You'd Take Into Battle "Part II"         Reply with quote

This subject is an idea based from the words of Timothy Gulics. I have read a bit of the replies, yet find that there is a lot more that can be done with this idea. More detail, more story, more action. Now his original topic was a question concerning swords you would use while fighting zombies... For this account ammunition has been exhausted as the armies of various countries attempted to obliterate the zombies. Firearms are useless without ammunition. Knights return!

Soo much is possible

Zombies begin to take over the world. Scenes display zombies consuming people in various parts of the world. This massive this out break is spreading quickly. Next your view is zoomed upon a single individual whom has had a strong interest of Armour. Such a person such as many people here on this forum. They equip themselves from head to toe in armour. With their swords and shields in hands they begin to fight against the zombies. First goal is to fight for survival. The second goal is the search for establishing a fresh food supplies. Third goal becomes a search for a craftsmen of making armour. This goal has a side objective, the craftsmen has to have an apprentice to teach this important skill to. A craftsmen is vital as this adventurer will need repairs made to his armour. The following circumstances involve stumbling into other enthusiasts such as himself that are equipped in the same manner. A community is established. Survivors have been found. Farming is established. Now a this person becomes King as he takes this position for himself. Other communities are established in the same way.

Think about it; Zombies whom bite and scratch in order to expose blood and infect you; are ineffective as your armour protects you. Teeth cannot break steel. A hack and slash furry of berserker style knights fight and defend towns day and night. Zombies develop ways in which to use blunted weapons such as baseball bats and clubs thus to crush the knights. A fight, rather a war arises.

Now the question stands, what kind of King are you?
Are you to brave the battle and fight alongside your knights?
Do you give orders to knights and stay protected?
Do you boost morale within your community by visiting the farmers and craftsmen?
Does everyone eat as good as you do?
How much of an effort is taken to make alliances between your community and other lands?
Do you establish each house to have a Knight to reside within?

My goodness my mind won’t stop. I run through various scenarios’ in my head of all sorts of action scenes, plots, sub plots, and quests in order to carry a themed story full of action of which can portray true sword handling and other aspects of creating a medieval style of a community.

Experience and learning from such defines maturity, not a number of age
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great,

This subject moves on. . .
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Great,

This subject moves on. . .

If you don't like a topic, stay out of it. Plain and simple. By replying to it, you give it more weight and bring it back to the top. If you don't like a thread, the thing that makes the least sense is you posting in it.

If you feel it violates our rules or is inconsistent with the point of this site, use the Report Post function.

But, let me be more plain: if you have nothing of value to add to a thread, stay out of the thread.

Being sarcastic and unhelpful, while adding nothing to a discussion, will not fly here.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Gary A. Chelette

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

First and foremost is to establish a keep or some form of fortifications. You can not win when your up to your ya-ya's in problems.

First can be simple wood forts or dirt barricades. Shields and polearms for all and arming swords for those who can use them. Close quarters will be the rule of the day for now. Food, water, and protection will be imperative. Training will be a must, without it you will have little chance.
Remember, Location,Location,Location! Where is the water, food supply and can you protect it? Shelter, what kind do you have and how can you improve on it? What will you need and how much time do you have?
A leader leads by example. If he is a fighter, then fight. If he is a planner then he better plan well and have someone to do the defensive work.
This is the way I would start. I'd use anything and everything to keep the enemy out and my people safe.

Are you scared, Connor?
No, Cousin Dugal. I'm not!
Don't talk nonsense, man. I peed my kilt the first time I went into battle.
Oh, aye. Angus pees his kilt all the time!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Swords You'd Take Into Battle "Part II"
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic