Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Idea for comparison tool: "your height" Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Mon 12 Apr, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Idea for comparison tool: "your height"         Reply with quote

Hey Nathan,

Ever considered adding a "your height" feature to the comparison tool?
As in, in addition to comparing swords to each other, you could compare them to a line marking one's height, or even a silhouette of a human figure (the height and build of which could be determined by variables inputted by the user). You could have a height dialog box and then three simple choices for build (slight, medium, large) and an option for gender. Or you could enable an upload feature that would scale a *.jpg image to the correct height based on the user's input.

Would be neat to sort of "try on" a sword for size, don't you say?

Obviously would entail a bit of extra work and programming to implement, and might not be all that useful, but you're welcome to use the idea if you like it.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is a very good idea. After adding the several hundred swords to the tool, I got burned out on the thing and haven't wanted to touch it since. One day, when I finally get over that and am able to update it my first priority will be to add all the new swords that have come out since the tool was made. After that, I'll consider adding this great idea and some other concepts I have in mind... but no promises as to when. Heh.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Heh, just glad that you like the idea in the first place (assuming you hadn't already considered it yourself, of course). Was beginning to wonder, with a week's worth of silence on the topic, if I was just being crazy. Wink

Seriously though, I know I'll be looking forward to any more work you might eventually put into the comparison tool. It's really a very useful resource that would definitely benefit from the addition of some of the newer models out there (Albion next gen, anybody?). Good luck in your endeavors; we readers / forumites do appreciate all the hard work that you've put into the site so far.

-GLL

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Idea for comparison tool: "your height"
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic