Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > September 8: myArmoury.com news and updates Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: September 8: myArmoury.com news and updates         Reply with quote

Today's update:

The Sword in the Stone:
The Legend of
Saint Galgano
An article by by Björn Hellqvist

Del Tin 2123 "Sword of Saint Galgano"

Reviewed by Björn Hellqvist

This week marks the six-month anniversary of myArmoury.com. We've been diligently filling our site with new content each and every week since we first launched. We're happy with our comparison tool and photo album database, and have received great feedback that they're both useful tools for the community. Speaking of such, we've recently launched a forum to encourage on-topic conversation amongst our readers. All this has led to a rich site that now seems to have a good foundation of information.

So, what's next for myArmoury.com? We want to keep bringing quality content to our members, encourage our readers to get involved and contribute, and share lots of information and eye candy. In the next few weeks, I'd like to see feedback and further involvement from the community to make this site even more of what we all want it to be.

Being content with the state of our foundation of materials available here, I'm changing our update schedule to twice a month, rather than weekly. Hopefully this will allow us the opportunity to further refine and improve the published materials, solicit new avenues of contributions, and stay excited and passionate without getting burned out.

This could all lead to an even better project for us all to enjoy. If you're interested in getting involved and want some ideas on how you may add to our efforts, please visit our Contributor Area for some ideas. I'll be updating this section of the site over the next month as well as writing up some documents about some of the newer features of myArmoury.com.

Cheers.

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Last edited by Nathan Robinson on Sun 21 Sep, 2003 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just wanted to comment on the article about Galgano Guidotti. Bjorn excellent article, always been fascinated with this story and i'm glad I was able to take a moment and read and see pictures of the sword, both real and replica.
Markus Haider

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The article about the Sword of Saint Galgano was really interesting, since I saw a great documentation about the Arthurian myth recently and it was a big part of it, which made me eager to know more about it - and here the article is!
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks! Owning a St Galgano sword, I was curious about its history, and what I found was... well, the stuff of legends.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 09 Sep, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I know I'm being a pedant, Bjorn, but I'm compelled to comment on your statement in the article -

" It is argued that the legend of Saint Galgano formed the inspiration for the medieval legends about King Arthur and his sword Excalibur."

In Arthurian legend, Excalibur was not the Sword In The Stone. Arthur received Excalibur from The Lady Of The Lake after the Sword in the Stone was broken.
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Tue 09 Sep, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
I know I'm being a pedant, Bjorn, but I'm compelled to comment on your statement in the article -

" It is argued that the legend of Saint Galgano formed the inspiration for the medieval legends about King Arthur and his sword Excalibur."

In Arthurian legend, Excalibur was not the Sword In The Stone. Arthur received Excalibur from The Lady Of The Lake after the Sword in the Stone was broken.

I stand corrected. My only excuse is that I overdosed on Arthurian legend many years ago, and haven't bothered with immersing myself in it again. I will ask Nathan to edit the passage. It will read as follows: "It is argued that the legend of Saint Galgano formed the inspiration for the medieval legends about King Arthur and the Sword in the Stone, with which he proved his birthright."

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > September 8: myArmoury.com news and updates
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic