Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > CAS Iberia Reviews Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
D Wick

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: CAS Iberia Reviews         Reply with quote

I was just wondering if there were any plans to assess the ''reenactment safe'' CAS Iberia offerings? As a reenactor, I've used all the swords they have to offer, and whilst having a small list of irritating flaws etc. have found the newer lines to be pretty acceptable when it comes to blunts combat.
The main three are the new 'Brazil Nut' arming sword, the blunt compatriot the 'William Marshall' and the 'Viking Sword'.
I know there's something of a stigma attached to the lower end of the CAS Iberia range (I bought one of the first generation of the CAS Iberia line and have seen first hand the quality of the earlier offerings... euch) especially amongst reenactors, a couple of whom were first-hand victims of on-field breakages.

I know the site doesn't seem to offer much in the way of reenactment-safe sword re views, but seeing as this is a huge chunk of the sword-collecting community, surely this is something that could be expanded into?
Just a thought,

-Dan Wick-

"What possesses a man to take better care of a length of steel than himself?"
Mike Arledge

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If you do a search on here, I reviewed the Viking and Hand and a half models about 9 months ago on here. They were not part of the official reviews section, but I thought they covered the basics well.
Mike J Arledge

The Dude Abides
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: CAS Iberia Reviews         Reply with quote

D Wick wrote:
I know the site doesn't seem to offer much in the way of reenactment-safe sword re views, but seeing as this is a huge chunk of the sword-collecting community, surely this is something that could be expanded into?
Just a thought,

-Dan Wick-

Dan,
Thanks for the inquiry. First, please understand that our writers are all volunteers. If we lack coverage in any particular area, it's usually simply due to lack of volunteers (our major resource). While some makers send us review samples, this is pretty rare actually. We can't buy review samples as this site has no budget. Happy

That said, we have reviews of Albion's squire line and a few of the A&A trainers. We also have reviews of a couple of Albion's Maestro line swords in the works. I believe we have a review of Hanwei's upcoming federschwert in the works as well.

So we're trying to cover non-sharp sword as well as we're able. I'm sure we'll cover more in the future. The best way for people to see us expand our offerings is to help us expand our offerings. If you've handled some of these items, perhaps you'd be interested in submitting a review. Please contact us through the Contribute link (at the top of every page) if you have an interest in that.

Thanks!

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > CAS Iberia Reviews
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic