Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > GDFB.co.uk Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Reinier van Noort

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: GDFB.co.uk         Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry, another customer-seller problem.

Does anybody here know how to reach GDFB.co.uk?
I placed an order for my group in June or early July and we still have only received part of the order (a small part of the order). Everything was sent initially (it was all in stock), but according to GDFB the parcel got misdirected in the mail. We needed part of the order in somewhat of a hurry (there was already a delay because they were moving to a new location), so a replacement for that was sent immediately. The rest was supposed to follow. Since August I have been trying to get the rest of our order, and occasionally had contact but the last two or more months I haven't had any reaction at all. I tried phoning (answering machine), emailling to two or three addresses that I had, emailling via the gdfb.co.uk website; everything, but no reaction. The last emails I sent I asked for a return of our money, as I felt that I had been more than patient enough, but that got me no reaction either.

Does anybody here have a good idea on how to reach gdfb (other than cross the Channel), or perhaps another suggestion for a course of action to take? It really was quite a large order compared to the wealth of our group, so it is somewhat of a problem...

Cheers/Thanks,

Reinier

School voor Historische Schermkunsten

www.bruchius.com

Last edited by Reinier van Noort on Thu 13 Dec, 2007 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Stirling Matheson

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

CAS Hanwei has aquired them, check www.cashanwei.com
B. Pogue
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stirling Matheson wrote:
CAS Hanwei has aquired them, check www.cashanwei.com

Far from it actually Wink

We've just got rights to distribute the items into N. America. Others areas of the globe are serviced by other distributors.

Blake
Reinier van Noort

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, and thanks also for the PM I received.

I tried replying to the PM, but it won't go due to a problem getting the mail server response codes, whatever that may mean.

www.bruchius.com
Reinier van Noort

PostPosted: Tue 11 Dec, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Current status;

2 days after posting here I got a new message from GDFB. Apparently they had email problems in the past, and S. Brown, upon making up the balance over the last year, just found out that our order wasn't properly handled yet. We agreed that I was going to get a refund. I was going to post that here, but I wanted to wait until I had received my refund before replying here and informing you all. Just now I got a email from GDFB threatening me with legal action over the posts I made here (misquoting me), and the fact that I did not mention new contact yet.

I should get a refund tomorrow. After that I will not have any further dealings with GDFB. They might have nice and cheap items but it's just not worth it.

I will let you know when I really get the refund. And I will let you know if I don't.

R

www.bruchius.com
Reinier van Noort

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, GDFB mailed me a receipt for a refund, so I guess that will all be OK now.
We were also offered something extra to make up for the problems experienced.
As far as I'm concerned, this goes a long way towards reconciling things.

www.bruchius.com
Jonathan Blair

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Reinier van Noort wrote:
Current status;

2 days after posting here I got a new message from GDFB. Apparently they had email problems in the past, and S. Brown, upon making up the balance over the last year, just found out that our order wasn't properly handled yet. We agreed that I was going to get a refund. I was going to post that here, but I wanted to wait until I had received my refund before replying here and informing you all. Just now I got a email from GDFB threatening me with legal action over the posts I made here (misquoting me), and the fact that I did not mention new contact yet.

I should get a refund tomorrow. After that I will not have any further dealings with GDFB. They might have nice and cheap items but it's just not worth it.

After hearing this, I won't be having any dealings with them either. Threatening legal action for their screw up is the fastest way to turn me off to ever buying anything from a company. That's purely unprofessional on their part.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." - The Lord Jesus Christ, from The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, chapter x, verse 34, Authorized Version of 1611
George Davidson

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

got admit I'm with Jonathan.
We were sorting out an order of £500+ for placement in Jan. Thats now been binned as massive delays, screwups and then threats are something we can do without.
Reinier van Noort

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, all seems to be (almost) handled now.
Also, the reactions from people in the UK I got on Armourarchive.org were generally positive on GDFB. It seems that mainly international orders go wrong. But if I need to get anything from GDFB in the future, I will get it through a retailer.

www.bruchius.com
Dan P

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I want one of their bucklers but generally I've not had good luck getting stuff from overseas in the mail (from other people, not GDFB).
So its just going to be a wait for Hanwei to start selling their stuff in the US.
Mike Arledge

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I won't name names, but this is by no means the first time I have heard of GDFB threatening to sue someone who dared post about their experience. I have known people have orders in the hundreds of dollars only see results once they posted something like this. A darn shame too, because their products seem pretty nice.
Mike J Arledge

The Dude Abides
Nick B.

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: GDFB         Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this, I was just about to order two helms from them. I'm going to think about it now.
The power of communication.
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I ordered some items from them a while ago (2005), and had no problems. this thread does cause me to reconsider future purchases, though.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > GDFB.co.uk
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic