Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New film .... The Howard Clark L6 Bainite Katana Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Thu 01 Apr, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: New film .... The Howard Clark L6 Bainite Katana         Reply with quote

Click on the following link .....
The Howard Clark L6 Bainite Katana

Sounds like an awesome flick, 'eh ! Gotta order me one in DVD !

Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Keith Larman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 01 Apr, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It is a really cool video (although I'm biased -- I'm on it too). It was a blast as we all got together in Iowa last summer, me, Ted Tenold, James Williams, Big Tony Alvarez, Mike Blue, and a fully polished and mounted L6 blade that we decided to see if we could break. Spent a day in a professional studio, Tony, James and Mike cutting stuff, me and Ted talking too much.

Then out in the cornpatch we all had the chance to see what an L6 could take (off camera because we were being totally irresponsible so its not on the video you can buy). Let's just say we settled a few debates... L6 vs. Jo -- Jo looses (I can't believe I was swing a wooden stick at Big Tony while he was swinging a sword at me -- talk about getting the short stick -- ha!). L6 vs. Maytag Washer. Maytag loses. L6 vs. very popular inexpensive beater sword -- cheap loses big time.

But seriously, the video is really kinda cool. It's fun watching good cutting in DVD quality as well as some of the interviewing. Also, watching Howard work that power hammer is an experience in and of itself.

I'm going to have to get my copy autographed by all the guys... Wink

Keith Larman
http://www.summerchild.com
Timothy Gulics

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 02 Apr, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow... I'd love to see this. A documentary on the indestructo-sword!
The sword is my companion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
"Keith Larman"
Then out in the cornpatch we all had the chance to see what an L6 could take (off camera because we were being totally irresponsible so its not on the video you can buy). Let's just say we settled a few debates... L6 vs. Jo -- Jo looses (I can't believe I was swing a wooden stick at Big Tony while he was swinging a sword at me -- talk about getting the short stick -- ha!). L6 vs. Maytag Washer. Maytag loses. L6 vs. very popular inexpensive beater sword -- cheap loses big time.

Hmm .... sounds like you guys need to produce a behind the scenes, show-all-tell-all, version of this film *g*

Though it could upset the Maytag Man ;-) Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Keith Larman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thomas McDonald wrote:
Quote:
"Keith Larman"

Hmm .... sounds like you guys need to produce a behind the scenes, show-all-tell-all, version of this film *g*

Though it could upset the Maytag Man ;-) Mac

Been there, done that, and a copy is in the hands of each person who was there. And no where else... Boys behaving badly... Wink

Keith Larman
http://www.summerchild.com
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Mon 05 Apr, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Hehe Love to see that         Reply with quote

Keith Larman wrote:
It is a really cool video (although I'm biased -- I'm on it too). It was a blast as we all got together in Iowa last summer, me, Ted Tenold, James Williams, Big Tony Alvarez, Mike Blue, and a fully polished and mounted L6 blade that we decided to see if we could break. Spent a day in a professional studio, Tony, James and Mike cutting stuff, me and Ted talking too much.

But seriously, the video is really kinda cool. It's fun watching good cutting in DVD quality as well as some of the interviewing. Also, watching Howard work that power hammer is an experience in and of itself.

I'm going to have to get my copy autographed by all the guys... Wink

C'mon Keith there could have been an Easter Egg or special features on the DVD. What about me riden' Mac aroudn on myshoulders while clapping coconuts together and him waving his baskethilts around!! Eek! What a picture!!!

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New film .... The Howard Clark L6 Bainite Katana
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic