Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Scam Artist Exposed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Peter Fuller
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 25 Aug, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Scam Artist Exposed         Reply with quote

To all myArmoury members:

Please be advised that there is an individual named Firdous Tahir who is presenting himself as "FirDous Armory". He has stolen photos off my website of the Clifford armour that I produced (www.medievalrepro.com), and is e-mailing people in the arms and armour community, presenting the photos and claiming they are of an armour that he has produced himself. He is offering to make the armour for $300.00. As most of you are certainly aware, there is no way anybody (even the East Indians) could produce even a facsimile of this armour for such a low price. He will take your money, and you will never hear from him again.

I find this particularly disguisting, not only because he is intent on ripping people off, but because he is taking credit for making an armour that took me three and a half years to produce! He stole my photos, and is using them for his own sordid gain.

If you guys could pass this information on to the other forums, I would appreciate it very much. I sincerely hope nobody gets suckered by this guy.

Peter Fuller
Charlee Garvin

Reading list: 11 books

PostPosted: Sat 25 Aug, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Stolen work         Reply with quote

Ah, Peter--I'm sorry to hear about this. I was looking at your beautiful work and it must feel like one of your babies being ripped off. This unscrupulous turkey will no doubt be caught soon. What goes around comes around.

Regards,

Charlee
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Peter, having not looked into acquiring any armor I was oblivious to this, but I sure do thank you for posting this information! This is absolutely Disgusting! You must be Livid, you sure have every right to be Exclamation That's some downright beautiful armor you produce, worthy of admiration for sure! You should be Most Proud!

Sickening what this "So and So" is doing!

Sincerely!

Bob
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Peter, I got this one in my in box last week! I'm sorry to hear this has happened and i hope there is a speedy and judicious end to this for you.
Hal Siegel
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I got a similar note today, addressed to James Gillespie and bcc'd to me and who knows how many others.

If it's any consolation, this thread/warning is the very first thing listed in Google when searching "FirDous Armory".

The pictures in the message I received were not Peter's work - FirDouche is ripping off someone else this week.

Hal Siegel - TherionArms
http://www.therionarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/TherionArms
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Where is this guy operating from ? I don't even want to bother searching for the web site. Evil

Any legal action possible ?

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Peter posted this on SFI as well where some one ran down the address. It starts with a series of three address's around I think its Afghanistan and ends up with an address in Pakistan of a guy who imports leather. No telling where the ultimate end of this trail is.
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Scam         Reply with quote

Hi Peter

When I saw the email I knew exactly what it was and started trying to get more info out of him to document the scam. I can send the emails on to you if you like. When I requested more photos he sent a picture of a model claiming it was the finished whole suit.

Let me know if you want the info.

Craig
Peter Fuller
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Guys thanks for your support, it's greatly appreciated.

Craig - yes, send me what ever you have; every little bit helps in dealing with this creep. Some guys from the Armour Archive came up with an address in Pakistan. I'm passing it along to the fellow I made the Clifford armour for; he's a partner in a law firm in Singapore, so I'm sure he won't be pleased at all, and he has the resources to do something about this. i'll keep you apprised as things develop.

Peter Fuller
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not to add to the flames, but this guy sent me some of the same stuff I guess. It's really nice work you did there Peter, to bad this hucksters trying to rob people by using your work. Sad
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Im sorry to hear about this happening. I hope you are able to get the guy.
..." The person who dosen't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one."

- Luke 22:36
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This dipstick is still at it, I just got another email from him today w/ pics lifted from Mr.Fullers site.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"Dipstick" Laughing Out Loud I like it, I got a real kick out of that one Allan, Well Said! This makes me take all the more respectful notice of admiration for Peter Fuller's craftsmanship as an artisan and superior character Exclamation I see this "Dipstick" as Peter's little boy wannabe no talent bum. Furthermore, in my mind this exaults Peter up ever the higher as a man of true Knightly Character.

Most Sincerely!

Bob
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Enough of the name calling. That sort of thing does not help your cause in the least.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Randall Moffett

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It happens sadly, more and more common as of late. I know Best Armour has a link to the people copying their work and using it online as a warning. You may wish to contact them and see what they were able to do legally as I know he had mentioned going after them as three seperate companies at least had done it...

RPM
Bruno Giordan

PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Not to add to the flames, but this guy sent me some of the same stuff I guess. It's really nice work you did there Peter, to bad this hucksters trying to rob people by using your work. Sad

it is a bad scam. The work of Peter Fuller is not easily imitated ... also who could believe such armor being offered for the price of a weekend holiyday at the seaside?
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bruno Giordan wrote:
Russ Ellis wrote:

it is a bad scam. The work of Peter Fuller is not easily imitated ... also who could believe such armor being offered for the price of a weekend holiyday at the seaside?

Unfortunately a very inexperienced buyer might fall for it at the low price! And an experienced buyer might be actually be more vulnerable to falling for it if it was priced accurately, which would be even worse IMHO !

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Bruno Giordan

PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Bruno Giordan wrote:
Russ Ellis wrote:

Unfortunately a very inexperienced buyer might fall for it at the low price! And an experienced buyer might be actually be more vulnerable to falling for it if it was priced accurately, which would be even worse IMHO !

The Clifford armour is easily priced well above several tens of thousands of dollars .. only a very young boy or somebdy that has never been at a simple SCA event once could believe that for $ 300 anybody could produce it.

I think the reputation of mr Fuller won't siffer after all.

It is a good hing to warn people of this scam but I don't think it will hit too hard, I hope that reality won't disprove me ...
Chris Kerr

PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

Very sorry to hear about this. I received the email this morning, and found this topic when I looked into it. I have forwarded it on to the copyright infringement department of the email account provider, along with a link to this discussion.

It amazes me that anyone can so brazenly steal from another's hard work and dedication. Hopefully this will end soon.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
It amazes me that anyone can so brazenly steal from another's hard work and dedication.

Brazenly and tenaciously, I got another one today.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Scam Artist Exposed
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: