Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Anduril Scabbard Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Tue 16 Mar, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Anduril Scabbard         Reply with quote

Quote:
"Here is the gift of Celeborn and Galadriel to the leader of your Company," she said to Aragorn, and she gave to him a sheath that had been made to fit his sword. It was overlaid with a tracery of flowers and leaves wrought of silver and gold, and on it were set in elven-runes formed in many gems the name Anduril and the lineage of the sword.

Well Since Kevin made Anduril for me, I decided to give a go at the scabbard as described in the books. This is a first attempt and does it ever look busy! Wow those Elves. Whuddya think? Too gaudy? The scabbard would probably be as much as the sword if I actually had it made hehe.

Attachment: 35.71 KB
andurilscabbard.jpg

Douglas Peters

PostPosted: Tue 16 Mar, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's very nice lookin! I like the runes. Maybe a little bit gaudy, at least on paper, but you know those elves heh.
Jon C. Webb

PostPosted: Tue 16 Mar, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joel,
I think it's a good start. IMHO, the white(silver?) "tracery" on the flanks of the scabbard and the belt are too heavy...Just a random reaction. And perhaps the bright yellow could just be the pale gold as elsewhere on the design. I'd love to see a photo of the sword the descendant of this scabbard will house! Thanks for posting the design.
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Wed 17 Mar, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Thanks For the comments         Reply with quote

Jon C. Webb wrote:
Joel,
I think it's a good start. IMHO, the white(silver?) "tracery" on the flanks of the scabbard and the belt are too heavy...Just a random reaction. And perhaps the bright yellow could just be the pale gold as elsewhere on the design. I'd love to see a photo of the sword the descendant of this scabbard will house! Thanks for posting the design.

Yeah I think the tracery is too heavy also, but it was the smallest I could do in CorelDraw (v.7). It is a work in progress and reprsents a few hours worth of work. Surely does need refinement though. Makes me think the actual scabbard, as described in the book, would maybe be even more gaudy than this one LOL. John here is a shot of my Anduril as made by Kevin Cashen and designed by little ole me. Douglas, nice to see a Louisiana boy in here. I am about 80 mi northwest of you in a small twon on Highway 1.

Attachment: 24.46 KB
andurilupright.jpg

Jon C. Webb

PostPosted: Wed 17 Mar, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joel,
Thanks for the picture- a beautiful sword, and it indeed looks Elven. You obviously have the design talent to arrive at a scabbard design worthy of this sword. BTW, we used to live a little further to the Northwest, in Hallsville,TX, straight west of Shreveport.
Jon Wink

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Anduril Scabbard
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic