Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion Delivery Times Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Paul Watson

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Albion Delivery Times         Reply with quote

I wanted to post this as there have been comments from people who have had to wait longer than they were expecting to receive their Albion swords, and in the interests of presenting balanced evidence I would like to highlight my experiences with them. So far I received a Regent exactly when they said they were going to send it and as of today I have notification that my Knight is on it's way.

The delivery time for the Knight is about 4/12 weeks earlier than they told me it would be.

It seems Albion are now very successfully balancing their expected delivery dates with the increase in demand on them due to the popularity of their excellent swords.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, but that which it protects. (Faramir, The Two Towers)
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Could be that demand is lower than usual, or they could have had extra "more finished" blanks in storage.

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Paul Watson

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

M. Eversberg II wrote:
Could be that demand is lower than usual, or they could have had extra "more finished" blanks in storage.

M.

Not at all, when the Knight was ordered there were in excess of 400 swords in production.

Anyway the point of my post being they beat the time frame they told me by over a month.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, but that which it protects. (Faramir, The Two Towers)
William C Champlin

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: delivery times         Reply with quote

My Reeve arrived much sooner than expected. As I recall, Mike said two to three weeks and it came a week after I ordered it. Then again I've always been lucky. W
tweetchris
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There's been a backlog of orders recently; last time I spoke to Mike on the phone, there were around 600 swords on order, nevermind anything in R&D. I was given a 16+ week wait for my Liechtenauer. At any rate, I was told in advance not to expect it anytime soon, so I'm not going to.
Nick B.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Albion Delivery Time         Reply with quote

Its been acouple years since I ordered my Crecy from Albion so I don't remember what the delivery time was but I think it was 3 to 4 weeks. Most sword smiths are going two or more years, so if Albion is up to 3 to 4 months now then so be it. Its still worth the wait for one of their swords. Thanks for reminding me, I better get my order in for my Huskarl now and yes, it will be worth the wait.
Robin Smith

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

When I ordered my Senlac and Reeve last month, I was told 16 weeks. So I'm hoping they show up in July. But I was also told they tend to make swords in batches, so one might get included in a batch being done earlier than that. It would be super sweet if they do my Senlac at the same time they make Patrick Kelly's, since we both ordered less than a month apart, and that would put mine Senlac arriving in June...
A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine
Randall Pleasant

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Albion Delivery Times         Reply with quote

Well, I had a somewhat unique experience with Albion. Several months ago I order a Baron on a Wednesday and had it in my hands on the following Saturday. Laughing Out Loud

Ran Pleasant
ARMA DFW

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion Delivery Times
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic