Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Win a book by Ewart OakeshottContest
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 14 Mar, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Contest: Win a book by Ewart Oakeshott         Reply with quote

Win a copy of European Weapons and Armour: From the Renaissance to the Industrial Revolution, by Ewart Oakeshott

We're having another great book giveaway! This time, we're giving away Oakeshott's European Weapons and Armour: From the Renaissance to the Industrial Revolution to one lucky myArmoury.com member. This book represents an absolute essental addition to any collector's library. If you don't already own this book, you need this book. It's that simple.

This is a brand new copy. 10" x 7" hardcover with dust jacket, 288 pages, many illustrations and black and white photographs. Published by Boydell & Brewer in November 16, 2000. ISBN: 0851157890

Both a work of scholarship, and a treasury of information, for anyone seeking a factual and vivid account of the story of arms from the Renaissance period to the Industrial Revolution. The author chooses as his starting-point the invasion of Italy by France in 1494, which sowed the dragon's teeth of all the successive European wars; the French invasion was to accelerate the trend towards new armaments and new methods of warfare. The author describes the development of the handgun and the pike, the use and style of staff-weapons, mace and axe and war-hammer, dagger and dirk and bayonet. He shows how armour attained its full Renaissance splendour and then suffered its sorry and inevitable decline, culminating in the Industrial Revolution, with its far-reaching effects on military armaments. Above all, he follows the long history of the sword, queen of weapons, to the late eighteenth century, when it finally ceased to form a part of a gentleman's every-day wear. Lavishly illustrated. Ewart Oakeshott was one of the world's leading authorities on the arms and armour of medieval Europe. His other works on the subject include Records of the Medieval Sword and The Sword in the Age of Chivalry.

This book has an approximate retail price of $35-50 US.

This contest is only available to subscribers of our Exclusive Offers and Promotions usergroup. 100% of the subscription proceeds will go right back into buying other contest prizes just as we did with this one.

HOW TO ENTER:
  1. Ensure you're a registered member of myArmoury.com

2. Go to the usergroups section of our site, view information for the Exclusive Offers and Promotions group

3. Subscribe to the Group
That's it! You're done!

You must be joined prior to Monday, March 29. All participants will be entered into a drawing and the winning name will be randomly selected later that same Monday. Domestic shipping charges are included with the winning prize, but international winners will be required to pay for shipping.

Good luck to everyone!!

Rules and limitations:

1. You must be a registered member of myArmoury.com and subscribed to the Exclusive Offers and Promotions usergroup to enter
  2. myArmoury.com moderators are not eligible to win
  3. Shipping charges are included for winners located in the continental US
  4. Only one entry per household is allowed

Please read our detailed Rules and Limitations document for complete information and our disclaimer.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jamie Fellrath

PostPosted: Tue 16 Mar, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Already entered?         Reply with quote

Nathan -

Would I be correct in assuming that those of us who are already part of the Exclusive Offers and Promotions group are automatically entered?

Jamie

Jamie Fellrath
ARMA - Columbus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 16 Mar, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Already entered?         Reply with quote

Jamie Fellrath wrote:
Nathan -

Would I be correct in assuming that those of us who are already part of the Exclusive Offers and Promotions group are automatically entered?

Jamie

Yep! Of course. And you'll be entered in the next one, too! So long as you're in this group, you are elligible for these on-going contests. This will be a regular "bonus" for those group members.. it's sort of intended as a "thank you" to you guys...

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jamie Fellrath

PostPosted: Tue 16 Mar, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Already entered?         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Jamie Fellrath wrote:
Nathan -

Jamie

Yep! Of course. And you'll be entered in the next one, too! So long as you're in this group, you are elligible for these on-going contests. This will be a regular "bonus" for those group members.. it's sort of intended as a "thank you" to you guys...

To quote one of my favorite ads:

"BRILLIANT!"

Jamie Fellrath
ARMA - Columbus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 26 Mar, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Entry for this contest has been completed!

No new entries are allowed.

Click here to see who the lucky winner is!

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Win a book by Ewart OakeshottContest
Page 1 of 1