Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Who's going to WMAW 2005? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Author Message
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team


myArmoury Team

Location: Alexandria, VA USA
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2
Posts: 4,146

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Who's going to WMAW 2005?         Reply with quote

Just curious who's going to be at the Western Martial Arts Workshop in Racine? I'll be making the 15 hour road trip out from the East coast Wednesday night/Thursday morning. It's going to be a blast. Here's a pic for anyone who hasn't met me and wants to meet up.


 Attachment: 34.14 KB
vaf3.jpg
That's my mug.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angus Trim




Location: Seattle area
Joined: 26 Aug 2003

Spotlight topics: 1
Posts: 870

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's going to WMAW 2005?         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Just curious who's going to be at the Western Martial Arts Workshop in Racine? I'll be making the 15 hour road trip out from the East coast Wednesday night/Thursday morning. It's going to be a blast. Here's a pic for anyone who hasn't met me and wants to meet up.


See you there, Bill.......

I should be pulling in late Thursday afternoon...... its a three day drive from the West Coast.......

swords are fun
View user's profile Send private message
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional



Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Joined: 18 Aug 2003
Likes: 16 pages
Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1
Posts: 1,288

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: See you there         Reply with quote

I should be there some time late Thurs. Not sure exactly when I'll get out of town.

Best
Craig
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team


myArmoury Team

Location: Alexandria, VA USA
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2
Posts: 4,146

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I can't wait to meet both of you guys in person! All these phone conversations, it'll be nice to meet face to face. Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angus Trim




Location: Seattle area
Joined: 26 Aug 2003

Spotlight topics: 1
Posts: 870

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
I can't wait to meet both of you guys in person! All these phone conversations, it'll be nice to meet face to face. Happy


Hey Bill

I've just finished up one prototype you can definitely look at, since I can't sell it.......type XVIIIish, 36 inch blade, 3.5lbs. Very quick heavy duty longsword........this one is blunt, though when it goes "model" it will be able to go either way.......yep, another LPM.......

Since you're driving, depends on how the event goes, but we just might be able to send something back with you for review purposes........

swords are fun
View user's profile Send private message
Stephen Hand




Location: Hobart, Australia
Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Reading list: 1 book

Posts: 226

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's going to WMAW 2005?         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
its a three day drive from the West Coast.......


Hah! Luxury! It's a 15 day drive from Australia, twelve of them underwater.

Lucky I'm flying!

Why is it that disaster always hits the US just before I arrive?

Stephen Hand
Editor, Spada, Spada II
Author of English Swordsmanship, Medieval Sword and Shield

Stoccata School of Defence
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chris Last




Location: Janesville, WI
Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Reading list: 8 books

Spotlight topics: 1
Posts: 264

PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm going as well! Last time it was in my neck of the woods (Racine), I was getting married. So as part of my anniversary gift form my wife I get to learn how to use these things I've been buying! Happy
" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team


myArmoury Team

Location: Alexandria, VA USA
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2
Posts: 4,146

PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stephen Hand wrote:
Why is it that disaster always hits the US just before I arrive?


Just our American way of saying hello?

Stephen, it'll be good to see you again (you probably don't even remember me, as I'm sure you meet a lot of people, but I will always remember your "George the Gross" story. Happy ).

Angus Trim wrote:

Hey Bill

I've just finished up one prototype you can definitely look at, since I can't sell it.......type XVIIIish, 36 inch blade, 3.5lbs. Very quick heavy duty longsword........this one is blunt, though when it goes "model" it will be able to go either way.......yep, another LPM.......

Since you're driving, depends on how the event goes, but we just might be able to send something back with you for review purposes........


You've definately piqued my interest, Gus... Happy[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lloyd Clark




Location: Beaver Dam, WI
Joined: 08 Sep 2004

Posts: 508

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not me Mad And I live less than 2 hours away!
Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
2000 World Jousting Champion
2004 World Jousting Bronze Medalist
Swordmaster
Super Proud Husband and Father!
View user's profile Send private message
Chuck Russell




Location: WV
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Reading list: 46 books

Posts: 936

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

sorry cant make it. hey bill, you in any sword classes there in northern va? if so you know a guy named ed toten? lllllllllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg black curly hair, long nose, glasses?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team


myArmoury Team

Location: Alexandria, VA USA
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2
Posts: 4,146

PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just got back, it was a fantastic event! Will tell more later (after a nap).

Chuck Russell wrote:
sorry cant make it. hey bill, you in any sword classes there in northern va? if so you know a guy named ed toten? lllllllllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg black curly hair, long nose, glasses?


Sure do. He's one of my students. Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chuck Russell




Location: WV
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Reading list: 46 books

Posts: 936

PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Just got back, it was a fantastic event! Will tell more later (after a nap).

Chuck Russell wrote:
sorry cant make it. hey bill, you in any sword classes there in northern va? if so you know a guy named ed toten? lllllllllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg black curly hair, long nose, glasses?


Sure do. He's one of my students. Happy


ya do! HA! hehehe (evil grin) hehehe beat him down good once and tell him chuck says hi! hehehe he's an ole friend of mine Happy glad he's gotten into your class
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger


Display posts from previous:   
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Who's going to WMAW 2005?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum






All contents © Copyright 2003-2018 myArmoury.com — All rights reserved
Discussion forums powered by phpBB © The phpBB Group
Switch to the Basic Low-bandwidth Version of the forum