|Posted: Sat 20 May, 2017 10:29 pm Post subject: Looking for a variety of Renaissance weapons (list)
Hello! I'm looking for quite a few Renaissance era weapons, and would love any leads on weapons for sale here to purchase second-hand, or somewhere else in the vast web.
- Schiavonas (my favorite sword, always looking to buy them)
- A somewhat basic brass guard sidesword or rapier ( https://goo.gl/ig2XQQ ) ( https://goo.gl/dnUMP8 )
- A complex Katzbalger, perhaps Armory Marek's basket hilted Katzbalgers or otherwise something similar
- A relatively cheap but well built Swiss guard -type halberd
- A polehammer, basically a polearm version of a warhammer
- A basket hilted cutlass or sabre; only aware of Windlass's Scottish cutlass as of yet
- A complex hilted bastard sword
- A Polish Winged Hussar helmet
- A lobster helmet, hopefully Swedish
- Even if it's a pipe dream, a non-firing Wheellock or otherwise Matchlock firearm, hopefully a pistol but anything would be nice
Thank you in advance for any help, advice or offers!
I see those medieval swords, and I think to myself, "That could use some ricasso rings, some loops here and there, some engraving there, some gilding done there..."
I'm always interested in seeing renaissance weapons and armor you may own or have seen and are interested in sharing; please do so! Also, unless I'm broke, I'm always looking for the next renaissance weapon or piece of armor to buy -- if you're selling, I'd love to see it!