Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > introduction Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ventura Ancheta

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: introduction         Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new to this board. I signed up last week and began lurking around. This a great forum. I've already learned a lot. I was deciding on a sword to purchase from Albion and from what I read and saw here I decided to buy the Soldat Grosse Messer.

I just got it today. I was surprised at how light it is. I got the package early this morning. Nice big box, but whoops it's superlight. It felt like there was nothing in it. It was neatly packaged inside. Awesome blade. If feels fast in the hands. I haven't had a chance to really play with it.

About me.

I practice and teach Filipino martial arts in Long Beach California. I'm a long time student of martial arts in general and have also studied Chinese and Japanese blade methods. I'm simply researching the European blade methods for comparative analysis. I hope to learn more from everyone in here. Thanks.
B. Stark
Industry Professional

Reading list: 11 books

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yeah, the Soldat is a nasty little bugger. I remember playing around with some of the proto's at Albion. Granted, no hilt but still you could tell just how devestating it would be. Should mate up well with Phillipino influenced sword and knife fighting.
"Wyrd bi∂ ful aręd"
David Sutton

Reading list: 39 books

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Ventura! I'm pretty new to this forum too and you're right this is a great forum. Great choice with the new Albion, they make just about the best swords short of going to a custom maker. I recently purchased an Albion Squire Line 13th Century Knightly Sword, which is fantastic, and I'm saving for a Next Gen ASAP. Messers aren't really my area of interest (I didn't know what they were until I found this site) but there is such an amount of info on here that whatever your interests I'm sure you will be well satisfied. Wink
'Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all'

'To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing'

Hypatia of Alexandria, c400AD

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > introduction
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic