Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Does anyone remember... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Galen Osier

PostPosted: Mon 09 Apr, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Does anyone remember...         Reply with quote

Greetings folks. I have a question I felt would most likely find an answer here.

There was a tv program on (quite awhile back) that concerned itself with the arms and armor of medieval knights. More specifically it gathered a group of volunteers and put them through their paces to see if the could recreate the skills and feats of said Knights. Does this ring a bell with anyone? The program was hosted by a rather lively and intense British fellow....

That's all I can remember about it.

Any help?

Thanks,
Galen
Malcolm A

PostPosted: Mon 09 Apr, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello there,
Do you perhaps refer to a guy called Mike Loades?
He did a series on UK Channel 4 TV called the Weapons that made Britain and followed up with a series where he took 4 guys, all horsemen from different backgrounds, and tried to get them trained up to re-enact a full on realistic tournament.
This is perhaps what you refer to.
I saw the former series and enjoyed it, but missed the actual screening of the latter one [I saw the teaser / trailer and missed the main event]
Hope this helps.
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Mon 09 Apr, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone remember...         Reply with quote

Galen Osier wrote:
Greetings folks. I have a question I felt would most likely find an answer here.

There was a tv program on (quite awhile back) that concerned itself with the arms and armor of medieval knights. More specifically it gathered a group of volunteers and put them through their paces to see if the could recreate the skills and feats of said Knights. Does this ring a bell with anyone? The program was hosted by a rather lively and intense British fellow....

That's all I can remember about it.

Any help?

Thanks,
Galen

It was called "Conquest", hosted by Peter Woodward and was on The History Channel. Have not seen it in awhile but they probably have it available on DVD. Good series...very interesting and fun to watch. They covered a lot of other territory besides medieval knights, including American Civil War, Roman Legions v. Celts, etc. I believe this is the one you are referring to.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982

Last edited by Lin Robinson on Mon 09 Apr, 2007 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Galen Osier

PostPosted: Mon 09 Apr, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aha! So what I was remember was in fact an amalgam of those two shows!

Thanks for the help.

Cheers!
Galen
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Mon 09 Apr, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glad to help. I checked The History Channel site after posting and did not see this series offered on DVD. It was fairly popular when it was on the first time so maybe it will be repeated.
Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Does anyone remember...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic