Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > On the Trafalgar... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeremy Scott Steimel

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: On the Trafalgar...         Reply with quote

I quite unfortunately missed out on this piece. I've been looking around for piece that would be similar to a late 1700s early 1800s Naval cutlass, and the Trafalgar was by far the best looking I had found. I guess this poses a question for the Albion folk -- what kind of timeframe are we looking at for the redesign?

And for the others, any similar pieces on the market you have any experience with?

Take care all,
-JS

Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: On the Trafalgar...         Reply with quote

Jeremy Scott Steimel wrote:
I quite unfortunately missed out on this piece. I've been looking around for piece that would be similar to a late 1700s early 1800s Naval cutlass, and the Trafalgar was by far the best looking I had found. I guess this poses a question for the Albion folk -- what kind of timeframe are we looking at for the redesign?

And for the others, any similar pieces on the market you have any experience with?

Take care all,
-JS

Jeremy,

I can't wait for redesigned cutlass. To be honest the original design never really appealed to me. I'm glad they were able to get hold of an original. I've talked with Jason and Howy about it. It's going to be nice. Big Grin I just hope I will be able to afford it when it becomes available. From what Jason has been kind enough to tell me, it will look similar to the example attached below.

Attachment: 66.91 KB
brn.jpg
a British Naval Cutlass sold through Pat Donnelly Antique Arms

Last edited by Stephen A. Fisher on Mon 09 Feb, 2004 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I don't know of any other quality reproductions of naval weapons. Although G. Gedney Godwin sells a American figure-eight cutlass that is copied from an original in his collection. But I have not seen it up close to attest to its quality. Here is the link for you.

http://gggodwin.com/59.htm

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > On the Trafalgar...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic