Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The wait... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Paul Watson wrote:

Then the bad stuff happens.....my mouse strays to other areas of these sites and I start looking at other swords I have long desired such as the Sovereign, and in particular the beautiful example that Chad Arnow has with the brass pommel and guard (upon viewing this sword I grow particularly jealous as I know the brass guard was a one off or at least very limited production and Albion do not offer this option, and Chad told me a long time ago how awesome this sword is). I start nervousy looking at the price, knowing it will be some time before I can justify spending this sort of money to my wife, but that doesn't lessen my desire for yet another sword....even before the one I have ordered has arrived. I think I need help to curb this addiction.

Sorry to cause you such pain. Happy By the way, the fittings are bronze, not brass. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Tue 03 Apr, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yup, Robin, the wait is deffinately tough. It is also pretty exiting though, and I do find myself re-reading the reviews, searching the forums for mention of the sword, thinking about grip colors, and generally thinking about the ordered sword way more than I should.

Right now I am experiencing a "double wait" by this I mean I am waiting for my Thegn to sell on the marketplace (shameless plug Razz ) so I can order a Black Prince.

Hang in there Robin, you are going to love both of those swords, I was very close to ordering a Senlac as my first Albion before settling on the Gaddhjalt.

Kenton
Douglas G. Taylor

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: The wait....         Reply with quote

Hi all,

Great thread! I'm waiting for my first sword. I chose an Albion, and then found out that they are at 16 weeks. I woundn't change my decision, but it was a little disappointing to find out that the wait was going to be quite a bit longer than the "3 to 6 weeks" stated on their website. On the other hand, I am very happy for them that they have so much business. This means that they are (hopefully) making good profits, that their business is staying well "in the black," and that they will be able to continue making their fine swords for all of us to purchase and enjoy from now on. My plan with Albion is to buy 2 to 3 swords per year (as I can afford), so I will be planning ahead to try and always have a sword "in the works" from them. And really, 16 weeks isn't too bad. I'm 6 months into a 1 year wait for a couple of made-to-order Bowies, and I'm at three years on a Luger pistol restoration. Then there are the 2 Randall knives I have on order...5 years! "The wait" is tough, but for the really good stuff there seems to be little choice. The only other option that occured to me is to keep a close watch on the re-sale items, and be ready to spring into action if something shows up that I really like. It's all good!

Doug
Robin Smith

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
I chose an Albion, and then found out that they are at 16 weeks. I woundn't change my decision, but it was a little disappointing to find out that the wait was going to be quite a bit longer than the "3 to 6 weeks" stated on their website.
I felt the exact same way when I ordered.
Does anyone know if the wait is extended past the normal 3-6 weeks due to Albions involvement in making swords for that Crusader movie, or is it just alot of regular orders?

A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Robin Smith wrote:
I felt the exact same way when I ordered.
Does anyone know if the wait is extended past the normal 3-6 weeks due to Albions involvement in making swords for that Crusader movie, or is it just alot of regular orders?

I would think the delay started out as the movie deal but now they're also behind on all the orders taken while they were working on the movie stuff.

As I've said many, many times before, Albion simply needs to take those deadlines down. Only 1 item of the 5 I've bought from them actually shipped in the timeframe advertised. Those aren't good odds. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:

I would think the delay started out as the movie deal but now they're also behind on all the orders taken while they were working on the movie stuff.

As I've said many, many times before, Albion simply needs to take those deadlines down. Only 1 item of the 5 I've bought from them actually shipped in the timeframe advertised. Those aren't good odds. Happy

It looks like Albion has taken down the deadlines from their pages. I think that's a good thing. Now, the customer can be told a delivery window when they order. Since Albion won't have to live by those very-tight posted deadlines anymore, this should make things easier on them and on their customers. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Joseph Estes

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I feel you. I put down a 25% deposit on an Albion Chieftain through Kult of Athena a few days ago and due to there only being 2 left available, I have some irrational fear I'm not going to even get it.
J.D. Crawford

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Did you get your sword yet Robin? 9 years is a long wait. Wink
Robin Smith

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J.D. Crawford wrote:
Did you get your sword yet Robin? 9 years is a long wait. Wink

Hah... Well, certainly provides perspective, does it not? What a difference a decade makes.

A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The wait...
Page 4 of 4 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: