Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Item for March Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: A&A Highlight Item for March         Reply with quote

March Highlight Item from Arms & Armor

The March Highlight Item is the #063 Tudor Dagger, check our ARMS & ARMOR News for more details.

The last few months have been very busy at A&A. We are looking forward to some new items and catching up on our back log of custom orders this spring. We hope this highlight item is something that will be a great addition to your collection. We look forward to seeing many of you at events and fairs this year.

Hope you have a great spring from A&A

Attachment: 31.01 KB
marhightpic.jpg

Jonathan Blair

Reading list: 2 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

March is almost over guys. Should have just made it April's Highlight Item and called it early.
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." - The Lord Jesus Christ, from The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, chapter x, verse 34, Authorized Version of 1611
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathan Blair wrote:
March is almost over guys. Should have just made it April's Highlight Item and called it early.

Maybe you can extend this item into April while still adding a new item for April or find some formula that would work when you are late bringing in a new item !? Would this mean that an item offered late in the month would continue to be available at the sales price for a fixed period ?

Lets say that a sales item price would be valid for 30 or 31 days from the day it is announced ? ( Call it the 30 day special and avoid completely attaching it to a specific calendar month ? )

Don't know if these suggestions are the best or even good suggestions but some fix should be decided on to avoid what could become an issue ?

The best and simplest solution would be to announce these specials on the first of the month without delay or exception.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Last edited by Jean Thibodeau on Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathan Blair wrote:

It's been posted on their site since March 8, 2007. myArmoury.com is not the A&A web site.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Guess you need to check the A&A website more often so you don't miss the deals. Wink
HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Jonathan Blair wrote:

It's been posted on their site since March 8, 2007.

My perception was that a few or these monthly announcements may have been a bit later in a specific month a couple of times.

I could be mistaken there about exactly how late ? 3 or 4 days doesn't seem like much of a problem but anything close to over 10 days does take away the number of days available to take advantage of a sales price by a significant fraction of a month.

Oh, I don't personally have a problem with it but I just think it might create an issue for someone at some time feeling they missed out on a sales price ? Who knows ! The intent of my suggestions is just to avoid possible issues before they occur.

Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Let's not forget, though: A&A doesn't have to have a sale at all. Happy (Ooo, I'd better shut-up, though, I don't want them to take that advice!)
HistoricalHandcrafts.com

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh, one point of confusion could be that a posting here on myArmoury might be done later than the annoucement on the
A & A site: So checking the A & A site more often might be a good idea.

And Bill is right A & A doesn't have to offer a montly sales item or a sales item on any fixed schedual at all. Wink Laughing Out Loud

Just call it my own little obsession about being clear and precise about any kind of commitment, promise, offer, sale and what the limits are. ( Something vague can cause problems as people can make the wrong assumptions ).

The sales price can also be interpreted as valid from the date it is announced to the last day of the month and this would be fine no matter how late in the month. ( Oh, never an issue before until I started thinking about all the possible ways it could work ! Eek! I've got to STOP thinking too much about it. Wink Laughing Out Loud ).

Jonathan Blair

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
It's been posted on their site since March 8, 2007. myArmoury.com is not the A&A web site.

Well, that's fine that it's been on their site since the beginning of the month, and I realize that myArmoury.com isn't A&A's website, but really why bother this late with ten days left in the month in announcing it here? I don't check A&A's site all that often, so frankly I didn't know about the sale until today (not that I'm in the market for anything right now).

I think that perhaps I'm just being a little anal about it. Carry on with your regularly scheduled activities.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." - The Lord Jesus Christ, from The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, chapter x, verse 34, Authorized Version of 1611
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathan Blair wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

Well, that's fine that it's been on their site since the beginning of the month, and I realize that myArmoury.com isn't A&A's website, but really why bother this late with ten days left in the month in announcing it here? I don't check A&A's site all that often, so frankly I didn't know about the sale until today (not that I'm in the market for anything right now).

I think that perhaps I'm just being a little anal about it. Carry on with your regularly scheduled activities.

Hey, JC Penny's just announced that they're having a ten day only sale. Happy

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of your post or anything. Just musing outloud... I'm in kind of a "musing" mood today. Yes, it makes sense to announce the sale earlier... most likely they're just busy enough without taking time out to post on forums. Then again, waiting for the last second to advertise a sale isn't necessarily a bad option, either. Stores do it all the time to stir up impulse buys.

HistoricalHandcrafts.com

Jonathan Blair

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Hey, JC Penny's just announced that they're having a ten day only sale. Happy

Did they now. Let me guess, it starts Tuesday, March 13, right? Laughing Out Loud

Chris Last

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Darn it Craig! I almost bought one of these from the Bristol booth last year because I need a good dagger. Now I have to see when my tax return is coming in. You couldn't wait till summer when I actually have spending cash huh? Big Grin
" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org
Pamela Muir

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've been saving my pennies all month and should have just enough next week. Big Grin

"Mom! Beans and weenies for dinner again?!" Eek!

Pamela Muir

Founder/Lead Instructor
Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts

"I need a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong, And he's gotta be fast, And he's gotta be fresh from the fight." ~Steinman/Pitchford
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: HIghlight Specials from A&A         Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would clarify the variable nature of the Highlight specials. They are, by design, variable as far as start and end dates. Having been around the block a few times I knew from the start there woul be times when the special would run long, i.e. The Henry V Sword was up for quite a bit longer than a month, and other times I would have short run special items. In the world of a small production shop very few hard schedules hold up over time as anything from a big snow storm to the flu to family can interpose on the ideal. All of which we have dealt with in the last few weeks Eek!

So when I started the Highlight items it was always with the intention that it would change roughly once a month but no set date or schedule. Some specials will go to all avialable items are sold others will be avialable even if the item needs to be made. In general one of the featues of the specials is at the start of them there are always a few in stock so it is a ship right away possability for people. Though I will often get people who have something on order ask to add it to the order and it will ship with the other item when finished.

Hope that muddies the water for everyone Happy

We look forward to having something you can not resist in the near future.

Best and happy Spring to All
Craig
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pamela Muir wrote:

They should be thankful they're not eating ramen. Don't they know there are daggers at stake here?! Sheesh. Children today have no sense of priority. I'd have skipped eating altogether if my mother had been into Medieval weaponry! Big Grin

Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: HIghlight Specials from A&A         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would clarify the variable nature of the Highlight specials. They are, by design, variable as far as start and end dates.
Craig

Thanks for the clarification and funny how how one's assumptions can work !? As an example: An item say for arguments sake was a June item and was still posted as the special sales item into mid July I was assuming was no longer " THE " special item after the end of June but that the July Item hadn't been selected or posted yet. Eek!

So, the simple version would be a special is in effect from the time it appears on the site until it is replaced by the next special and is not strictly " monthly ": I hope this restates thing clearly.

And Craig, I hope you don't have something on special that I can resist for at least a couple of months. Wink Laughing Out Loud Until, I have finished paying for current toys.

It don't think I could resist the Cavalier rapier Wink Wink ( Not my primary period of interest but then I do have some interest in all periods to a degree ...... not good for the credit card though Sad Laughing Out Loud

Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As a former owner of an A&A Tudor dagger, I can attest that it's a very splendid piece. I got it at their booth at the Bristol Renfaire in '02. It was a tough decision to sell it but I'm sure its new owner is very fond of it: How does your husband like it, Bev? Wink -Ted
"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pamela Muir wrote:
I've been saving my pennies all month and should have just enough next week. Big Grin

No! Oatmeal 3 time a day for a month should do it: No sugar, no cream or milk Eek! Just plain hot water.

Or worse: Plain tofu without even soya sauce for taste.

Hmmmm: Maybe send them out of the house with a sharp stick and they can hunt for food. ( Make then tough and resourceful like " Spartan " kids Evil Laughing Out Loud )

Got to stop now " before " this gets ridiculous. Wink

Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: HIghlight Specials from A&A         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:

We look forward to having something you can not resist in the near future.

Craig

If you put up the English Longsword as the Highlight Item, I definitiely could not resist.
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: HIghlight Specials from A&A         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
And Craig, I hope you don't have something on special that I can resist for at least a couple of months. Wink

You and I share the same sentiment, Jean! If the Elizabethan rapier / Italian rapier / English longsword / or the Irish sword become highlight items, that'll be all she wrote for me! Eek! Razz

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Item for March
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: