Albion Next Gen line
Is anyone drooling over the Albion next generation line?

http://www.albionarmorers.com/swords/albion/nextgen.htm

All of them look absolutely delicious! I'm curious to know what makes them new and special, compared to the first generation line, other than that there are many new designs... but regardless, they're great :)
Re: Albion Next Gen line
Timothy Gulics wrote:

http://www.albionarmorers.com/swords/albion/nextgen.htm

All of them look absolutely delicious! I'm curious to know what makes them new and special, compared to the first generation line, other than that there are many new designs... but regardless, they're great :)

Well, I can only jugde from my Clontarf, but while the First Gen was already very good (I love my Riding sword very dearly), the Next Gen is another level, a step up into the realms of custom swords (without being "custom" of course ;)). My Clontarf handles nearly like a Antique Viking sword (albeit I have only handled three "real" Viking swords up to date). The blade itself is really amazing, exhibiting all the things we all always wanted on swords, but only few makers unified in a single sword. You practically get a blade geometry as good as (or very near at least) that of an Angus Trim sword and as historical as possible and a nearly historical hilt/crossguard/pommel (nearly because it is cast and not forged and then carved) and designs which are seldom seen in production swords and the nearest you get to a Peter Johnsson sword without waiting for years :D. Of course it has a quite high price tag, but considering that you get a sword, which rivals good custom swords without the years of wait, it is worth it.
Re: Albion Next Gen line
Timothy Gulics wrote:

I have a Sovereign on order.

[ Linked Image ]

Just counting the days until June............
Indeed! and don't forget the authentic hilt assembly, (a selling point for me.) :idea:
Indeed! And don't forget the authentic hilt contruction! (my selling point) :idea:
Heh, check out the 220+ post thread in the Maker/Manufacturer Forum...

I have an NG Gaddhjalt and the quality really is as good as Mr. Haider says. Granted, it costs more than your average production sword, but I think well worth it. Add to that historical (non-threaded) tang construction. I have a Baron and Knight on reserve.

Regards,
Brian M
Sorry, I sent that twice! :wtf:
Drooling over the Albion NextGens? Just a little... okay so I'm in danger of flooding the area around my computer. I want to buy over half of the models, and will probably want even more once some photos go up for the newer designs.
With authentic hilt construction, it's twice as nice?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. ;)
Better question to ask would be if anybody is not drooling over them.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: