Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Need to find blacksmithing/bladesmithing schools, apprent... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Barrett Hiebert

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jan, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Need to find blacksmithing/bladesmithing schools, apprent...         Reply with quote

Greetings,

I hope this is in the right area, if not, please move it! Thankyou!

Well, I took this from my other thread and decided to put it into its own thread to elicit a greater response. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Well, for those who are interested I stocked removal my first knife over the last weekend polishing and grinding a "hunter" under Ed Storch, a knifemaker/smith in Manville, Alberta. I don't yet have pictures but I will show you as quickly as possible. It went very well and even though we were using all modern techniques, I loved every minute of it, even the really tedious parts such as going back and forth from 120 to 400 grit grinding then buffing, then going back again...etc., etc. This has increased my love for the art and rosen my confidence and endurance to strive on, and also the love of making something of your own hands! Therefore with that said and done, due to my passion of bladesmithing, I am re-searching and trying to find blacksmithing/knifesmithing/bladesmithing preferable semestered courses or apprenticeship's in Canada, the States, of even Europe I would be willing to travel. I would rather prefer learning traditional techniques, and bladesmithing. I have already found one school but I need my fellow forumites help,; I understand how hard it would be to start from the ground up, but I must say my one inspiration is Jake Powning for his blades are beautiful and a word given to him by credit, Ed Chan "a prodigy", also that he has been the bladesmith that has really started from the ground up, and has made a true name for himself. I know it will be hard but I will, I must do it to sait my flaming desire within me! Cheers, I will post the thread of the school below, could I please have help with critiqueing? Thankyou very much and have a good day! Cheers!

Edit: Oops, forgot to give link of school: http://www.haystack-mtn.org/about.php Also, should I maybe post my school research question in a new thread to elicit greater response? Thanks!

Best regards,

Barrett Michael Hiebert

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Need to find blacksmithing/bladesmithing schools, apprent...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic