Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A Fantastical Sword Design Critique Request Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joshua R

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: A Fantastical Sword Design Critique Request         Reply with quote

As OlliN has yet to respond to my requests for information, here goes my sketch. Inspired by Albion's The Dane and Gallowglass and Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings sword of the Witchking.

I apologize in advance for the, er, sorry state of the scan, as the original was done in pencil and my scanner did not much like picking up the pencil marks. And so I kept increasing the contrast until I could clearly make out the sword itself... of course, it also got the funny dark spots, too.

I didn't realize until after I had scanned the picture that my gothic mace-inspired profile on the modified ring pommel bears a rather strong resemblance to the pommel on PJ's Narsil/Anduril. So that might change....

Thoughts? Questions? Strongly worded disparaging remarks? Wink

" For Augustus, and after him Tiberius, more interested in establishing and increasing their own power than in promoting the public good, began to disarm the Roman people (in order to make them more passive under their tyranny).... "
-N. Machiavelli, The Art of War
Anders Backlund

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, the design could use some refinement, but as a concept I don't see anything wrong with it.

XIX is in interesting choice of blade type. Don't see a lot of those for fantasy swords. I like the pommel design; that's a variant I've never seen before.

The sword is an ode to the strife of mankind.

"This doesn't look easy... but I bet it is!"
-Homer Simpson.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A Fantastical Sword Design Critique Request
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic