Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Peter Johnsson line vs Albion NG Line Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gary Venable

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jan, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Peter Johnsson line vs Albion NG Line         Reply with quote

I'm wondering if I am missing something between Albions Peter Johnsson Museum Line Swords and the Next Gen Swords. As I understand it both lines are designed by Peter, and then made in exacting detail by the Albion team. What is it that separates the different lines of swords? They seam to go through the same level of detailed designs and are made in the same way. Is it the original inspiration; museum line are exact replicas and Next Gen are compositions of several originals?

Thanks,

Gary
J. Padgett

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jan, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Museum collection pieces are based upon actual originals, and are more expensive; probably for that reason since they are exacting reproductions.

Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jan, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Padgett wrote:
The Museum collection pieces are based upon actual originals, and are more expensive; probably for that reason since they are exacting reproductions.

Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

You guys are both right.

The Museum line is an exact recreation of an original piece where the Next Gen line is based on multiple examples of the period. With the Next Gen line - we have created this so that if you were to step into the time machine, in your backyard, Big Grin and go back in time - the people would not know the difference between one of their swords and yours.

I hope this helps out.

Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jan, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I asked this question before, and as J. Padgett says, the difference is that the Museum line swords are exact recreations of a particular original sword. The NG's are more general, and may be based or inspired by a number of originals. For example, the Sovereign is mainly based on Oakeshott's Records XIV.8, but it differs from it in a number of ways: the double fuller, the blade length, the grip.

Albion says that there is no difference in the quality between the swords in the Museum and NG lines. The former is more expensive (though not much more than some of the NG's) because of the additional effort to make an exact copy.

(Mike gets in with his answer one minute before me...grrr)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Peter Johnsson line vs Albion NG Line
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic