Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Reading List Request Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reading List Request         Reply with quote

Nathan,

Is it possible to add a feature that would allow members to organize entries in their reading lists alphabetically, rather than by date and date of most recent edit? I think this would make reading lists more "reader friendly" for members when browsing other people's lists.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There is a discussion about that here: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=7260

I plan to add sorting options at some point to allow readers to view it as they wish. The default will still be "newest first" as it allows people to go to the bookstore and see what new has been added.

But I do intend to add the ability to see it by title.

Thank you for the comment/suggestion.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I had actually just read through that post of yours earlier today, but didn't specifically see anything about organizing entries alphabetically. Now that I look again though, it would fall under this section: "Many, many other parts of the code were rewritten to make things much more efficient and improve the visitor's browsing experience".
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig Peters wrote:
I had actually just read through that post of yours earlier today, but didn't specifically see anything about organizing entries alphabetically. Now that I look again though, it would fall under this section: "Many, many other parts of the code were rewritten to make things much more efficient and improve the visitor's browsing experience".

It falls under:

Quote:
I may add sorting options to the lists: by title, date added/updated, etc.

It's an easy thing, I've just got so much else to do on the site so I've added it to my "must do" list now.

Thanks again

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lists are now able to be displayed sorted by date updated (default) or by title.
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Nathan. There seems to be a minor problem however. For reasons unclear to me, Lindholm's new book Fighting with the Quarterstaff is listed under my letter "A" section of books. I wonder if anyone else has a similar "problem"? Otherwise, everything is fine.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig Peters wrote:
Thanks Nathan. There seems to be a minor problem however. For reasons unclear to me, Lindholm's new book Fighting with the Quarterstaff is listed under my letter "A" section of books. I wonder if anyone else has a similar "problem"? Otherwise, everything is fine.

tt alphabatizes according to how Amazon feeds me the data. When you originally added the book, Amazon had it listed as "Art of the Quarterstaff" and has since renamed the title in their database.

I don't know why the title's book name changed. Do a Google Search on its ISBN number and you'll see other results with it listed as "Art of the Quarterstaff by David Lindholm - 1891448366"

Removing and re-adding would solve this, but I fixed it for you by renaming it here.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Reading List Request
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic