Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for work from Michal Dabeck Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
James G.

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jun, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Looking for work from Michal Dabeck         Reply with quote

I Have a couple of pieces of work (crossbow and rapier) from Michael Dabeck,
I bought them about a decade ago, and I'm wondering if he's still out there.
I think he was DBA Antique Arms & Armor at the time somewhere in Canada.
Does anyone rep. for him is there anywhere online I could see his work etc.
Anything would be helpful.
Jean-Carle Hudon

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jun, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi, I presume you bought these at Pennsic. I would sometimes help out at his booth when I would go there for the ''war''.
Anyway, he has pretty much given up on the whole arms and armour scene, as he is making better pay working with designers who need special metal work for restaurants and commercial buildings.He is still living in Rawdon, province of Quebec, and the phone is 450-834-8493. I hope this is helpful. JCH

Bon coeur et bon bras
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jun, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

He does excellent work and I'd like to see further examples of his.

Check out my crossbow:
http://www.myArmoury.com/othr_xbow.html

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
James G.

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jun, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bummer on Michael no longer armoring. Yes I bought the crossbow at Pennsic years ago when I was in the SCA, long since moved on to other things, my girlfriend at the time gave me the rapier as a gift after custom ordering it from him. Most of my new toys are modern and go bang, but still I can't stand having the same thing as anyone else. Although, my crossbow seems identical to the one as Nathan's. Do his pieces ever come up for sale on this site? I'd love another rapier or two.
Jean-Carle Hudon

PostPosted: Sat 01 Jul, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

James,
Michal loved crossbows, made all the different types available. In the last years he made the heavier prod models which required cranequin (german type) and windlass ( siege or english type). Those babies were 200 plus kilograms. Each had individual artwork done by acid etching by his wife Elizabeth. Sometimes you had to look carefully at the artwork because she had a mischievous side to her, she once made a prod with funny little penis figures all over it, that was sold to a woman in Cleveland. I have a couple of rapier-like weapons, but they are fitted with schlager type blades for playing around with. One is swept hilt, the other cup hilt, but no etching. I have another swept hilt with a short rapier blade(more akin to shortsword in its handling). I think your best bet would be to get addresses from Michael of his past clients and inquire directly from them if they would like to sell. As you said, you moved on from the SCA to other activities, and this seems to be quite frequent, so it then follows that some clients (he sold mainly from Pennsic or Pennsic generated contacts) may no longer have such a great interest in their past acquisitions. It's just a thought. I could also ask Michal if he has anything left, though the last time I visited there were just a couple of hallebards...JCH

Bon coeur et bon bras

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for work from Michal Dabeck
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic