Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Anonymous, Daniel Sullivan, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Combat Worthy?....Yeah, right.... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Erick Johankin

PostPosted: Thu 25 Dec, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Andy! I guess I'll just wait until they contact me. The holidays may have something to do with them not contacting me yet?

Andy, do you mind me asking what you ordered from them?

Erick
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 25 Dec, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Erick Johankin wrote:
Shane, Joe, Mark,

Thanks for the comments concerning Lutel. Could you fellas do me a favor and tell me how to contact them? I've e-mailed them twice in two weeks and I've gotten no reply. Also, on their web site I see no way of sending them money. Should I pay for an overseas call and hope someone who speaks English answers?

And "Yes," I forgot the Scottish sword company Armour Class as I too have heard only positive comments concerning their swords and daggers. BTW, the 3 companys that I did mention, I have first hand knowledge of.

My humble "medieval" collection consist of:
Albion - Crusader Type XII
Albion assembled - Del Tin ADT-5156 "Bastard Sword"
Albion assembled - Del Tin ADT-2104 "Viking"
Atrim - AT1422 (being put together now and to be shipped around Jan 1, according to Gus)
Last Legend - Boat Anchor model "Count of Anjour Captains Sword"

I ordered the Atrim after handling a friends AT1427 Short Sword. It was so light and fast and it tracked and recovered like a dream. Did I mention it was razor sharp from the box? So I decided on the AT1422 which is a "Type XVIII, single handed, short (30") wide blade with a sharp taper to a fine point" to quote Gus' web site. I can't wait!

Erick

I just sent them an email and waited. Took a few days. Payment was by international money order and the whole transaction was very smooth and easy.

BTW the A&A I'm talking about is Arms and Armor from the US. I have purchased from AC (Scotland) as well, but I like A&A more.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Erick Johankin

PostPosted: Thu 25 Dec, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"BTW the A&A I'm talking about is Arms and Armor from the US. I have purchased from AC (Scotland) as well, but I like A&A more."

OOPS! My Bad Joe! I'm not familiar with that brand. I'll do a quick search.

Thanks!

Erick
Andy Bain

PostPosted: Fri 26 Dec, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I don't mind at all. I ordered items 17001 and 17014. The first is a spiked ball and chain and the second is a nasty spiked mace. They call them a horseman's flail and flail respectively. If you go over to the axe forum you can find some pictures of the spiked mace in the weapon review section.
Erick Johankin

PostPosted: Fri 26 Dec, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Arms & Armour?         Reply with quote

Hey Joe,

I did a search for Arms & Armour and what I came up with is Liongate Arms and Armour out of Scottsdale AZ. Is that who your referring too? The reason I'm asking is they only sell antiques. They did have a link to "copies and replicas" but there was nothing there?????

Is this the addy for who you mentioned?

http://www.liongate-armsandarmour.com/

Erick
Scott Bubar

PostPosted: Fri 26 Dec, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

LionGate is good for antiques, but the A&A Joe is talking about is here:

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/
Erick Johankin

PostPosted: Fri 26 Dec, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Scott! They are quite new to me.

I'm-a-droolin! <BG>

Erick
Ken Demyen

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jan, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks to Ken Demyen...         Reply with quote

Mark Moore wrote:
While children are not(supposed to be) able to buy swords and knives, we all know they do. This is my greatest fear....some kid buying a swap-meet Pakistani special, then taking it out to play with it thinking he's a Ninja or Connor McLeod...and winding up in the hospital. Moore

On the same note, I saw a commercial last night that was announcing a "Win Aragorn's Sword" contest. The game coupons come in games produced by Hasbro, and claims the winner will win a real movie prop sword used by Aragorn. The games are LoTR Monopoly, Risk, and Trivial pursuit. Could you imagine a game contest where the winner gets Dirty Harry's .44 mag? I think a gun contest would still be safer than giving away a sword, at least a prop gun most likely wouldn't fire, but you can still really hurt someone with a prop sword.

-Ken

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Combat Worthy?....Yeah, right....
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: