Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Czech scabbard and dagger Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ralph Rudolph

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Fri 05 May, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Czech scabbard and dagger         Reply with quote

After a *long* waiting time I finally got my deliveries today: a tailor-made leather scabbard for my Albion Baron, and a dagger with scabbard.
I want to share this with the forumites as this is stuff for a good price from a collection of 3 Czech smiths and other unknown workshops, which can be accessed via www.outfit4events.com.
The scabbard is of sturdy leather, made to your blade measurements. I use it only for safe transportation of the sharp weapon. They also offer scabbards with beltwork.
To test their other products, I ordered a dagger with a scabbard, as you can see in the pictures. This is a blunt weapon, heavy, but nice in the hand and easy at the eyes. But it seems to me more of a showpiece, not suitable for fighting (I do no dagger fighting, so I'm perhaps not an authority to judge that).

If you are looking for a pricey, but well-made scabbard, I can recommend them.

Waß sich wol zwercht mit springen, dem haupt geferet [Ringeck, 29v]
Blaz Berlec

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Fri 05 May, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ouch, prices are astronomical for the quality. I know the products, and I know that makers themselves sell them at least for 30% less. Under "Weapons / Swords / Smithy B" you'll find swords from makers Radek Lobko and Pavel Moc, each of them have their own websites. Other "smithys" are I believe Jiri Krondak and K+K Art, and their swords and other products are of much lower quality.

Swords from Radek Lobko, St. Patrick's Workshop: http://www.swordcutler.com./

Swords from Pavel Moc, C. K. Kowarna: http://www.swords.cz/

Well, Pavel Moc sells his swords for around 250 - 300 EUR (including post) here in Europe, and Radek Lobko is even cheaper - I got two of his swords recently for less than 170 EUR with shipping! But I guess that was a bit of a discount price.

These are the swords I recently recieved from Radek Lobko. I'm extremely pleased with the result, and I know one of them will serve me for a long time (the other one is a present). I still can't decide which one should I keep and which one to give! Surprised

I'm gonna post a short description here as soon as I get my hands on some digital camera, these pictures were taken with the telephone. Cool I can't promise a good review, since I've never used or held any decent replica (well, there are some Pavel Moc's swords, which are better, and once I used a rusty Del Tin Sword of St. Maurice - Italian one).

Extant 15th Century German Gothic Armour
Extant 15th century Milanese armour
Arming doublet of the 15th century

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Czech scabbard and dagger
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic