Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Large ColdSteel Tie-Light mini review Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 02 May, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Large ColdSteel Tie-Light mini review         Reply with quote

I normally don't post about modern folding knives but I'm impressed with this one: Hope this is O.K. and why I'm posting in the off-topic forum.

The Tie-Light 6" blade version is VERY IMPRESSIVE / SCARY: Don't think I would carry this one unless I was camping outdoors or something ( Bear killing knife ? Or large rabid dog four legged or two legged type protection. Great collection piece though ! Might be good for a soldier going to Afghanistan or Iraq as a backup, if the Regs allow it

The Coldsteel site Picts give the impression of just a longer Tie-Light but the blade stock is thicker and width of blade subtlety and proportionally wider. Construction seem solid and the lock very well done, at least on mine. Would actually make a good impact weapon with the blade closed, giving less than lethal options. ( All theoretical of course ! ) Seems like a much more attractive buy than catalogue photos or blurbs would lead one to believe. ) Oh, not break the bank expensive !

AUS 8A steel so better than the low end 420J of some of their less expensive knives

( Edited 1 time: On the Knifecenter Store site the steel is stated as being 440A Sub Zero Quenched. Mine is clearly marked as
AUS 8A , so it may be from a different production run and I think an upgrade as far as steel type is concerned. )

( Edited 2 time: The Coldsteel site says NEW NOW in AUS 8A, so I guess it is an upgrade from a first run. )

Well, that's it for my mini review ....... LOL.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Gordon Clark

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 02 May, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean,

Thanks - that looks like an interesting knife. I have also been tempted to post about "modern" knives, but have not. I don't think there is anything wrong with it - the off topic forum description is

Off-topic Talk
Discussions that do not belong in the other areas that are still related to the arms and armour hobby

In particular, it does not say "historical arms and armour hobby".

Do you have any pictures of that monster?

Gordon
Jean Thibodeau

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 02 May, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gordon Clark wrote:
Jean,

Thanks - that looks like an interesting knife. I have also been tempted to post about "modern" knives, but have not. I don't think there is anything wrong with it - the off topic forum description is

Off-topic Talk
Discussions that do not belong in the other areas that are still related to the arms and armour hobby

In particular, it does not say "historical arms and armour hobby".

Do you have any pictures of that monster?

Gordon

No picts and I don't have a digital camera but you can have a look at it at www.coldsteel.com in folding knives / Tie-light
and like I said just looking at the pictures I ordered it anyway thinking it would be among their lower end product but looks and feels much bigger in hand and substantial in construction. And mine seem well put together.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Large ColdSteel Tie-Light mini review
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic