Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Authentic and Affordable Handmade Scabbards Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Robert Reaves

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Authentic and Affordable Handmade Scabbards         Reply with quote

To All It May Concern:

This being a forum for discussions on makers and manufacturers, I thought I would post pictures of a few items made by a friend of mine which are some beautiful, handmade scabbards. It has come to my attention that there are a lot of people out there selling scabbards at outrageous and inflated prices. Which I understand that it takes a lot of work and time to make a scabbard, but some of the prices these people are getting are ridiculous. My friend, Jesse Baily, is a very talented leather worker. Not only does he make scabbards, but he is also an excellent medieval saddle maker. So I thought I would post some pictures of some of his work, his e-mail address and phone number. He is very reasonably priced and you won't be disappointed in his work. wensdie@yahoo.com 770-684-7805

Attachment: 49.9 KB
MVC-009S(2).JPG

Attachment: 44.19 KB
MVC-010S(2).JPG

Attachment: 70.63 KB
MVC-001S.JPG

Robert Reaves

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: More Pictures         Reply with quote

Here are more pictures.

Attachment: 54.23 KB
MVC-008S.JPG

Attachment: 0 Bytes
MVC-007S (2).JPG

Attachment: 54.14 KB
MVC-005S.JPG

Lee Watts

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

damn those are good, pitty i live in the uk or id be tempted
Robert Reaves

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: E-mail change         Reply with quote

The e-mail in the post is wrong,here is the right one!
wensdie@yahoo.com
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

Feedback score: 100%
(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think these are the same folks that made Erik Scmid's scabbard for his custom custom A&A. Very nice stuff. I was looking at one of their scabbards last year, and they are more reasonable than CF or Albion for a scabbard with integral belt.

Very historic looking stuff. A scabbard by them for my ArmArt S4 will be my next sword-related purchase.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Aaron Justice

PostPosted: Fri 26 Dec, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I actually would like to speak to him. I noticed something unnerving in these pictures you posted. A while back i tried to purchase a Del Tin 2123 from somebody at Sword Forum international. As many of you might know it turned into a fiasco because I never got the sword I paid for. Jay Barron eventually got the Albion Gaddjhalt he paid for.

And then i see these pictures, and the EXACT same sword, scabbard, and shields are in them. Does Mr. Baily actually own those swords, or did he make those scabbards for someone else? Because the pictures that Steven Swann posted shows that same sword, with the same scabbard, and even the same shield in the pictures. Here's one of the pictures he posted.

Wht i am thinking is Steven either ordered this scabbard from your friend, or displayed photos he took when he actually never owned the sword.

Edit: Having spoken with someone who knows Mr. Swann, apparently he ordered both a scabbard and a shield from Jesse. He is going to try to contact Steven for me. I hope something gets done, I made the deal with him almost 5 months ago.

Attachment: 72.78 KB
swrdscab3.jpg

How can there be a perfect sword when PEOPLE come in all shapes and sizes too?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Authentic and Affordable Handmade Scabbards
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic