Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Why Albion is the bestest company in the world Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Jay Barron

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Why Albion is the bestest company in the world         Reply with quote

Some of you know that I attempted to buy an Albion Mark Gaddhjalt from the SFI classifieds and was subsequently ripped off. I posted this fact on this forum and SFI. Well, a couple of weeks ago I received this e-mail from Howard Waddell:

"Hey Jay!

This isn't much of a help to restore your faith in humanity, but if the seller does not come through for you by the end of the week, let either Mike or me know, and we'll make you the Gaddhjalt you wanted, no charge.

I just hate to see this kind of thing happen. Maybe we can build a Viking longboat together someday.

Best,

Howy
Albion"

Needless to say, my jaw dropped on the floor when I read this. That amazingly generous gesture really brought tears to this cynical soul. I didn't know what to say. Words failed me. I managed send as heartfelt a thank you as I could, but it paled in comparison to how Howy's offer made me feel. Anyway, I am now awaiting my brand new Albion Mark Gaddhjalt sword to be delivered to me from Albion Armorers as a good will gesture. I can honestly say that this is the most wonderful act of kindness anyone has ever shown me and I will be forever grateful to Howy and the entire Albion family for what they have done. Needless to say, they have gained a loyal, life long customer in me. Thanks again, guys! Albion is the best company in the world.

Constant and true.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh my God. That's even touching to this cynic. I don't know what else to say right now about this. Wow. I'm not exactly used to being speechless.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This kind of gesture is all too rare today. Heck, they didn't have to do that, and with all their heavy investments and that, they hardly have a lot of cash to throw around. Fantastic! Now you nail that fraud who ripped you off, and the story will have a perfect ending.
Dave Hahn

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

damn you Albion... you guys are the best.

for those who've been around, this act of stunning generosity ain't the first time that Albion has pulled through.

my sincerest thanks and God bless

-D

Try not to take yourself too seriously.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Björn Hellqvist wrote:
Fantastic! Now you nail that fraud who ripped you off, and the story will have a perfect ending.

Amen to that, Bjorn.

And this really is a heart warming story. All the talk about Albion the past few weeks around here, and now this, has really made me realize what a fantastic group the people at Albion are!
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that albion is the sort of company that has lots of loyal people not cause we all like swords Happy but for the people involved that make em and talk about em. Every day when I see a new person post there sword they got from albion or re-paste a email one of the staff at albion sends them its just jaw dropping to see this much compassion for people who we don't really know but only by a name but yet we have all grown to be a extended family thousands of miles away. Jay i'm glad you are getting your sword and as another forumite said nailing that sob will put the finishing touches on this truly awesome moment.
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What can I say, other than to add my own "wow" to the bunch.

This just illustrates something that was made very clear to us during our visit. The folks at Albion aren't doing this to get rich. At heart they're just a bunch of sword geeks like the rest of us. During our stay their attitude towards their work was really infectious. I was personally going through a stressful period on the job before going to New Glarus. The Albion crews lighthearted and enthusiastic attitude was just what my soul needed at that point. Before leaving I made the comment that if I hadn't had larger responsibilities waiting at home I would have asked for a job sweeping the floor, just to be able to stick around.

I know to some this is starting to sound like the Albion appreciation forum, but it's all well deserved, with no hype involved.
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Tue 21 Oct, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just read in Some Other Forum (Int'l) that Jay had offered his DT 2102 Viking sword to his brother-in-misfortune Aaron Justice. This only proves that not only are Albion sterling people, but Jay is, too! Is it Christmas already? Surprised
Jay Barron

PostPosted: Tue 21 Oct, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for that compliment, Björn. I just felt like it wasn't fair for me to have my problem solved and for Aaron to still be out of luck. It's not the DT sword he tried to buy from Steven, but at least he'll get something out of this. I do indeed feel that this small community is a family and family has to stick together so..ho, ho, ho!. Big Grin
Constant and true.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 21 Oct, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm very impressed by Albion and Jay.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

PostPosted: Tue 21 Oct, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You guys are gonna make me start crying here...

With all the political stuff and badmouthing that happens in the sword community, it's so heart warming to see that there are also so many acts of generosity and pure honor as well.

*cyber group hug*
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Wed 22 Oct, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm just now reading all this ......

Howy , Amy, and the whole gang at Albion , are truely a class act !
This wonderful gesture of kindness sincerely shows the high character of leadership that is running that company !

My bonnet is off to you all ! *Salute* , Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Jim Lindsey

PostPosted: Wed 22 Oct, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Everyone! Happy

What can I possibly add to the wonderful laurels that are being spoken of Albion and the great staff there? It is all being said so well here, and the compliments and praises toward the wonderful people at Albion are truly well deserved. As Thomas McDonald said in his post, Howy, Amy and all the gang at Albion are truly a class act!

It's such a great pleasure to read these wonderful testimonials. Patrick Kelly's testimonial really says it nicely. And, speaking of my own experiences with Albion throughout the Discerner Project, I've had the privilege to work very closely with Howy and Mike, though I've never met either of them face to face. Very quickly on, as the project evolved, I couldn't help but start feeling a strong sense of family and friendship toward all the Albion folk. They're all the greatest!

Reading Jay's post of Albion's sincere and generous gesture is the most wonderful thing I've read in a long time. But, then, when I saw the post about Jay's wonderful gesture, I just about bubbled over with all kinds of good feelings. I'm not a tearful sort of fellow, but I couldn't help but get a bit misty-eyed and have some goose bumps on my arms when I read these great threads. Could it get any better than this? Kudos to both Albion and Jay Barron! And, kudos to all the fine people who make up this forum, too! This forum, and everyone who makes it up, is like a breath of fresh air on a beautiful spring day. It's a privilege to be a part of this fine community.

Like Bill Grandy said, "it's so heart warming to see that there are also so many acts of generosity and pure honor" that goes on within the sword community. Slainté! Happy

"And so it shall be that in the days of peace, one sword shall keep another in its scabbard."

Have a great day ! Best Regards,
Jim
Michael L Smith

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jay,

Being the owner of an Albion Mark Gaddhjalt, I know you'll enjoy it. That the folks at Albion are making it possible is amazing and along with others at the forum, I'd like to extend my sincere appreciation to them for a gesture well made.

Regards
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

this is such a great story, three cheers for Albion and for JAY! Laughing Out Loud
This makes me more impressed with Albion then I was, and that is saying a lot.
I'm glad that this worked out for Jay and the guy looking for a Del Tin.
This kind of thing happens far to rarely, it puts alot of my faith back in humanity.
Big Grin
Aaron Justice

PostPosted: Sun 09 Nov, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yeah, it was really awesome of both Albion and Jay to do this. It really made my day, now I have an awesome sword to be using in my film I am making for my production class (filming has already started). As you can see I have gone to town on this sword...

Attachment: 97.29 KB
[ Download ]

How can there be a perfect sword when PEOPLE come in all shapes and sizes too?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jay Barron

PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

When I get the Albion Gaddhjalt I'll post pics of it alongside my Jody Samson Carolingian sword. They should make a striking pair. Thanks again, Albion!!! Big Grin
Constant and true.
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yea! i can't wait to see them.
You HAVE to write a review for them both. I have been drooling over and dreaming about the Gaddjhalt since Albion first posted pics. It is current my my favorite sword, so you have to right a review for that one especially. Laughing Out Loud

..." The person who dosen't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one."

- Luke 22:36
Jay Barron

PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joel Chesser wrote:
Yea! i can't wait to see them.
You HAVE to write a review for them both. I have been drooling over and dreaming about the Gaddjhalt since Albion first posted pics. It is current my my favorite sword, so you have to right a review for that one especially. Laughing Out Loud

Will do, Joel. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to do any test cutting reviews on the swords as I'm currently renting a room out of a retiree couple's home while I'm attending school. I would feel a bit strange about going nuts on a target in their yard. I will say one thing as a preview of my Carolingian sword review. I have handled many, many swords over the last few years and the Carolingian in the only one ever to actually make the movie sound effect "whoosh" noise when swung. Big Grin It's a truly awe inspiring weapon in every way.

Constant and true.
Jay Barron

PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I have posted a resolution to my missing Gaddhjalt sword elswhere on this forum. FYI I no longer need a replacement sword. Even though that is the case I want everyone to know that I will be eternally grateful to Howard and the rest of Albion for being so ready to help me out and make ammends for someone elses wrong doing. You are indeed the bestest! Happy
Constant and true.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Why Albion is the bestest company in the world
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: