Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Crossroads in Time: 1300-1500 (May 23 to June 6, 2007) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
John McFarlin

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Crossroads in Time: 1300-1500 (May 23 to June 6, 2007)         Reply with quote

Hello. I do not frequent the myArmoury Forums very often, because I am sort of a one-forum fellow. Some of you may know me by the name Jehan de Pelham, which I use on the Armour Archive.

I want to take a moment to announce an event called Crossroads in Time: 1300-1500. This event, which will be held either in south-west Utah or just west of Las Vegas, Nevada in the Hunter Toiyabe National Forest, is an event catering to the living history or high fidelity re-enactment enthusiast.

Crossroads in Time was conceived as an event to focus the efforts of individuals and groups who are pursuing or interested in pursuing faithful portrayals or representations of fashion, arms, armor, activities, and pastimes of the late middle ages. It hopes to follow in the footsteps of such events as Pastapalooza, Military Through Time, Medievales du Mont Saint Anne, and European historical gatherings.

This event differs from most events of this nature by virtue of its focus on the participants rather than an external audience. Participants will be required to execute a faithful representation of fashion and material culture typical of Europe west of the Caucasus and north of the Mediterranean, as well as activities appropriate to that time and place, to the end of establishing immersion in the medieval aesthetic. Half professional seminar and half festival, this event aims to entertain, inspire, and educate those engaged in the hard work of executing a portrayal rather than educating the paying public. Pan-medievalist and multi-disciplinary in intent, Crossroads in Time hopes to unite and cross-pollinate the efforts of martial artists, collectors, lovers of costume, WMA or HEMA practicioners, falconers, equestrians, craftsmen, musicians, and scholars who love the late middle ages in Europe.

Crossroads in Time has much to offer the applied medievalist. The Compagniye du Chalis, the hosts of this event, will bring a 1/3-scale pivoting counterweight trebuchet to demonstrate construction and use of a replica war engine, and will host an ale tent where Brewmaster William Huggins' recipes cleaving as close as modern tastes and hygeine habits allow to late medieval drink can be sampled and enjoyed. Medievalists from as far away as Tokyo, Japan, Calgary, Alberta, and Louisville, Kentucky are interested in attending what looks to be a grand time.

If you have questions or are interested in attending, please contact me at jwmcfarlin@yahoo.com, and I will email you the Draft Event Guidelines.

Thanks much!

John McFarlin

Jehan de Pelham, esquire
Compangiye du Chalis: 1370-1420
www.mron.org

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Crossroads in Time: 1300-1500 (May 23 to June 6, 2007)
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic