Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ivitation:Albion Sword event at NC Renaissance Fair in April Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeff Ross

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Ivitation:Albion Sword event at NC Renaissance Fair in April         Reply with quote

I would like to invite anyone interested who is in the area of North Carolina to visit us ant the North Carolina Renaissance Fair during the first two weekends in April to see some of the Albion sword line. Perhaps of interest to many, swords ordered from Albion during this event may be eligible for a 15% discount off the list price. This applies to the Next Generation line and, I believe, to the Museum Line and Special Edition line (I'll check on this to make sure.) While the space limitations at the NC Renaissance Fair preclude a hands-on handling and cutting session there, if there is enough interest, we will host a follow-up event at our house to allow for some actual handling. I will have most of our personal Albion collection on display (Caithness, Prince, Laird, Vinland, Berserkr, Constable, Squire Line 13th Century Knightly), as well as several other swords to be sent by Albion. Here is the link for the NC Renaissance Fair: http://www.ncrenfaire.com. We will be in a booth under our business name "Eclectikos". ( If you want to buy some pottery or jewelry, we can take care of that too Happy !) If you can't attend this event, but would be interested in attending a later hands-on Albion round table event, please PM us. (Discount will apply then as well!).

The Fair is usually great fun, and worth the price of admission if you have any interest in medieval to renaissance time periods Plus, given the recent price structure changes at Albion, this may be your best opportunity to order a quality Albion sword (or swords Big Grin ) at a discounted price.

Hoping to see some of you in April,

Jeff Ross
Ken Rankin

PostPosted: Sun 12 Mar, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Jeff!

New member here, and first time posting! My wife and I will be attending the NCRF and are anxious to see the blades of Albion! We've been collecting swords for about 9 years, and only recently have been collecting quality blades. The NCRF is a great faire! We first visited the NCRF in 2004, and hope to see you soon! Also, the Loch Norman Highland Games (in Davidson, NC) are being held from April 21st-23rd, hope to see you there!

Ken
Jeff Ross

PostPosted: Mon 13 Mar, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ken Rankin wrote:
Hi Jeff!

New member here, and first time posting! My wife and I will be attending the NCRF and are anxious to see the blades of Albion! We've been collecting swords for about 9 years, and only recently have been collecting quality blades. The NCRF is a great faire! We first visited the NCRF in 2004, and hope to see you soon! Also, the Loch Norman Highland Games (in Davidson, NC) are being held from April 21st-23rd, hope to see you there!

Ken

Ken,

Welcome! I look forward to meeting you at the Faire.

Jeff
Jeff Ross

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Update         Reply with quote

Just a quick update for anyone interested. We have confirmation that our booth will be inside the Holshouser Bldg (the round building), and we have the list of swords that Albion is sending out for the event. We will have the Crecy, Baron, Count, Templar, and Ritter on display, along with those from our collection that I listed in the first post, making an even dozen.
Also, the 15% discount will apply to the Next Generation line, the Special Edition swords, and the Museum Line swords ordered at the event. However, since we will be confined to a very small booth space and will not be able to actually have the swords out and about for handling at the Faire, we are considering hosting a cutting party at our house the weekend following the Ren Faire. Albion will let us hold on to the swords they're sending down for the extra week. Anyone interested in attending a cutting party in Apex, NC, the third weekend of April, (whether or not you attend the Ren Faire) please PM us or e-mail us. If there is enough interest, we will hold the party. Discounts would also apply on the party date.

Looking forward to meeting many of you at the Faire,

Jeff Ross
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Thu 23 Mar, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Un-sure which week-end we'll be down, but will surely stop by.
We also will be at the Loch Norman Games the 22nd April, stop by the Scottish Foundation of the VA.
Highlands and say, "Hello", that's the tent I'll be healping to man.

Cheers,

Bill

Roanoke Sword Guilde

roanokeswordguilde@live.com
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ivitation:Albion Sword event at NC Renaissance Fair in April
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic