Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Any added info on this hanger I bought? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Shane Smith

PostPosted: Tue 29 Nov, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Any added info on this hanger I bought?         Reply with quote

I bought this hanger on ebay after doing a bit of research.It looks legit when compared to known originals I've seen in books on period swords although it's bit nicer than most I've seen from the mid 18th century. I got it for less than most quality repro's so I don't feel I could have made a bad purchase. Do any of you guys have any further thoughts or info on swords of this later pattern to offer? Thanks
Big Grin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...T&rd=1

Shane Smith
ARMA~ Virginia Beach
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue 29 Nov, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd say you're absolutely correct about the price. If it's an antiqued repro, it's merely an outstanding bargain. If it's authentic, you pretty much just stole it. Fantastic catch, either way. I notice that it was a British auction, which would help explain the price. Still, even ordinary military hangers of this period tend to get up over $700. I'm not as familiar with these late cuttoes, but I'd suggest picking up a copy of Neumann's Swords and Blades of the American Revolution. It features dozens and dozens of similar weapons with multiple photos, stats and ID info for each. It's essential for any arms library, I'd say. Fantastic reference for all kinds of edged weapons ca. 1650-1800. It's inexpensive on the used market and not terribly expensive new ($40).
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Any added info on this hanger I bought?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic