Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Found Website & Store 25 miles away Some Nice Selection Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

LOL Steve, yes not being a wealthy man by any means, I must watch myself, I appreciate your envy, in truth if vise versa I too would have some envy. LOL

I guess for the most part, well except for Arms & Armor of course, my internet shopping days are pretty much over. What makes it even better is, compare the prices of specific items against the prices at other websites and even the manufacturer, they have everyone beat. Like I had said, Ryan (owner) is one of us, a total sword nut! Got into this to take a shot at trying to make a living at doing what he loves the most and what he says is true, he is in a commercial retail space and his store is stocked to the max.
I only slept 4 hours last night because my wife gave me the OK to go over there and buy the Grosse Messer by Cold Steel today and the price he is asking is below anyone else and these are 1st rate items, no flaws etc, he just works hard to beat anyone's prices.
Plans on increasing his Albion stock with more selections as he becomes discovered, and those Albions he has listed as saying "In Stock" well they are there waiting for someone to buy them! Finally, I got to handle and inspect these magnificent swords but I am still an "Arms & Armor Man". Just a matter as to whether you like a BMW or a Mercedes more as far as I am concerned.
Ryan said he has been in business for 1 year and wants this to be his business for life. He is out to make his customers happy and having talked with him quite a bit for the near 2 hours I was in his store front, (back is a warehouse for shipping items and more stock) I was very impressed with him and so was my wife.

I am bringing my Arms & Armor items over there today to show him, as he does not stock A&A, they are a direct to the consumer business and I am leaving with that Grosse Messer, which I handled several times last weekend but having bought the 2 daggers by Windlass and wife with me, I could not buy it then.

Well I guess I have my shopping down to two places now, Kult of Athena and Arms & Armor.

Happy Collecting,

Bob
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve and Bob, I know what you guys mean. Living in Minneapolis or New Glarus would be very risky to my bank accounts! Surprised Razz

Ted

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Two Corrections         Reply with quote

1st correction: Ryan has been in business with his website www.kultofathena.com since 1999, it was a year ago that he "opened his warehouse and store".

2nd correction: Kult of Athena is not 25 miles from my house it is about 17.5 miles from my house. I handled two more Albion swords today, the Poiters and the Thegn. The latter which it took every last ounce of self discipline I had in me to keep from buying. The Poiters was also very nice, but the Thegn is by quite a margin the finest Viking sword I have ever held, better than the Berzerker even. By the way I held both of them at the same time today.

Although I did buy what I went there for and that was the Grosse Messer by Cold Steel, and I love it! Best $169.00 I ever spent!
Right now, Ryan has one of each of the Albion swords he has listed in his website, they are all there because once again today I handled each one of them.

I am very impressed with Ryan, he knows his business, was talking about maybe getting some Lutel polearms in stock. I can tell you this, other than buying my Arms & Armor swords (which to me are a must, I just love their swords), all my business will be through Kult of Athena. There is no reason to go anywhere else, he has the best prices I have seen anywhere.
Like I mentioned prior, he is a sword nut like us, for him it all began some 9 years ago with a $60.00 viking sword.

Happy Collecting,

Bob
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Corrections         Reply with quote

Bob Burns wrote:
...2nd correction: Kult of Athena is not 25 miles from my house it is about 17.5 miles from my house. I handled two more Albion swords today, the Poiters and the Thegn. The latter which it took every last ounce of self discipline I had in me to keep from buying....
Bob, like gravity, sword attraction is proportional to the inverse square of the distance!! This means that the attractive force is 2.04 times the original prediction, and you are in serious trouble!!
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob,

I'm interested in this kite shield which the website indicates as being in stock.
http://www.kultofathena.com/product~item~AH67...Shield.htm

If you think of it could you take a look at that the next time you're at their store? I'd particularly like to know how solid the strapping arrangment is.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Laughing my hind end off Steve, I almost spit my coffee out when I read your last post! Yes sir, you are exactly correct and don't I know it, the only thing more dangerous than this for me financially would be to live 17.5 miles from Arms & Armor!
By the way, and this goes for everyone, if there is something of interest to you at Kult of Athena but your ambivalent about buying it and need some feedback on it, send me an email and on my next visit I will check it out for you.
As his business builds Ryan wants to increase his selections, trust me he is as whacked about swords as we are.

Yep I have to be real careful, I mean I could go completely ape doo doo!

Man did I hate leaving that Albion Thegn there for one of you guys to buy!

Happy Collecting,

Bob
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob;

Well you should tell him about this site as he might find it interesting as research and might just want to join in on the discussions.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick, you got it buddy! I'd be happy too and I printed your post, will put it on my cork message board so as not to forget.
Actually, I think I saw it today in my periferal vision but I was obsessing on the Albion Thegn and the Paul Chen Katanas. Also looked at several other Cold Steel Swords.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Found Website & Store 25 miles away Some Nice Selection
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: