Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Masters of Fire Catalog Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeff Larsen

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Masters of Fire Catalog         Reply with quote

Hi,

I just received the “Masters of Fire: International Exhibition of Contemporary Blade Smiths” publication and all I can say is wow! Big Grin Big Grin This is a beautiful book and should be a part of everyone’s library.

Antonio Conceicao Junior and the Macau Museum of Art should be congratulated, as well as the printers, for doing a fantastic job in setting up this book (it is being advertised as a catalog, but when it is 119 pages long, to me it is a book). From the photography (clear and detailed photographs), bios of the blade smiths, the different languages (Chinese, Portuguese and English), this book is very comprehensive and highlights blade smiths from around the world who attended the exhibition in Macau with their art.

As much as I would have loved to attend the “Masters of Fire” exhibit in the Macau Museum of Art, I could not financially afford to go. Having this book is the next best thing to being there.

Each blade smith has a section detailing their biography (with a picture of the blade smith) and showcasing their art in detailed pictures, and even information about their polishers. At the end of the book, is detailed information and specification of all blades pictured throughout the book. This book is an invaluable reference material and would be a great book to add to your collection.

Again, thank you Antonio and the Macau Museum of Art for hosting this exhibit and for continuing to support the sword community with this beautiful publication.

Enjoy,

Jeff

(P.S. Nathan, if this is not the right place for this, feel free to move it. Thanks!)

Last edited by Jeff Larsen on Tue 08 Nov, 2005 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,
I'm also looking forward to the arrival of a copy Cool
And i'll echo your sentiments of appreciation to Antonio and all those who helped to make it such a success,
Well done everyone,
Many Thanks. Big Grin
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sad No catalog for me, yet. Sad
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I was away from the forums when the catalog's availability was announced, and missed out. Worried Is there another way to acquire one? I'd most certainly love to have a copy...
-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Jeff Larsen

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Aaron,

I will find out and let you know. Michael Crampton from Shadow of Leaves has told me that the catalog was pre-ordered and that he sold out. He is also trying to get more.

I'll see what I can do/find out.

Jeff Big Grin
Antonio Cejunior

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks         Reply with quote

Hi Jeff and everybody else,

Thanks for your kind comments Jeff Happy
I may provide a helping hand in explaining.

There is no merchant's account in Macau, although I have given a significant amount of interviews, radio talks, newspaper articles about the virtual world, but banks here seem to be very conservative and lack vision.

This being said, the Museum store cannot be online, plus the amount of staff of the Museum, totals 40 and it now takes care of two Museums one next to another

This is the only available picture of both Museums. It requires a bit of attention but if you compare with this one you can see the differences

This being said, and considering the enormous amount of exhibitions, the staff is entirely unavailable.
It was a pity people did not order it immediately. Those who are out of the Museum cannot understand the amount of work being done at each moment. So it is beyond the Museum's present ability to attend to international sales more than a one go.

There will be another event next year, to which I will surely announce.

Hope you all understand. Thanks

Antonio
BLADESIGN

we all belong to one nation: that of the living
and one race: the human race.
our collective task is to do the best we can for this nation and this race

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Masters of Fire Catalog
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic