Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Lee Watts

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!         Reply with quote

hi can someone say something negative to put me off albion's new vikings before i wip out my CC i really cant afford another sword but they are so gorgeous!!!!! Laughing Out Loud
Geoff Wood

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!         Reply with quote

Lee Watts wrote:
hi can someone say something negative to put me off albion's new vikings before i wip out my CC i really cant afford another sword but they are so gorgeous!!!!! Laughing Out Loud

How about, 'they'll be making ones with authentic two part guard/pommels in the future'. They'll wipe even more off your card, but you've got time to save. Of course, the spike hilt is already perfectly authentic, so maybe that isn't a very good argument.
Geoff Wood

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!         Reply with quote

Lee Watts wrote:

Or how about, 'think how much of what you pay will go to UK VAT and customs duty, plus the fees to the banks etc. for money changing and transfer to pay the purchase and postage and insurance, plus the the additional duty on the P&P, plus the additional VAT on the duty'. Then again, the pound isn't that bad against the dollar at the moment.
Lee Watts

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!         Reply with quote

Geoff Wood wrote:
Lee Watts wrote:

Or how about, 'think how much of what you pay will go to UK VAT and customs duty, plus the fees to the banks etc. for money changing and transfer to pay the purchase and postage and insurance, plus the the additional duty on the P&P, plus the additional VAT on the duty'. Then again, the pound isn't that bad against the dollar at the moment.

keep going m8 you have allmost done it Razz
Jay Barron

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Albion Viking swords are relatively plain when compared to a lot of historic Viking swords in extant. Many of them had gold or silver plating or had precious metal inlays. Also, Albions offerings are all monosteel while most Viking swords were pattern welded. Of course, if Albion were to do any of thiose things their prices would be much, much higher. I can't really think of anything actually negative, though (other than I can't afford one at the moment! Razz ).
Constant and true.
Geoff Wood

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!         Reply with quote

Lee Watts wrote:
Geoff Wood wrote:
Lee Watts wrote:

keep going m8 you have allmost done it Razz

Hey, I don't really want to put you off. All the tax, fees and duty and so on isn't that bad, provided you factor it in at the beginning. It's only a real sod when you don't expect it.
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Lee,
Well, I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I am sure that the albion swords are great but if you want something truly authentic you could save the money and obtain a viking sword made of twisted and hammerd steel rods as that is the well documented process of the time. Besides, credit cards are evil, well depending on how much money you have, but I am still paying on CC of previous weapons. Yes, I am glad I have my weapons now but paying on the damn CC is keeping me from buying the sword I want now!
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just one point of interest.....................

While many, if not most, Viking blades are pattern welded many others were made of homogenous design. The Viking age also marks the transition between these two types of blade manufacture. So in the end both types of manufacture can be considered accurate.

Negatives? I don't have one of each!
Scott Byler

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
Just one point of interest.....................

While many, if not most, Viking blades are pattern welded many others were made of homogenous design. The Viking age also marks the transition between these two types of blade manufacture. So in the end both types of manufacture can be considered accurate.

Negatives? I don't have one of each!

Yep, both methods would be seen probably. And I agree totally, that the only negatives in the lineup is that I don't own one of each... Happy
Jeff Stewart

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!         Reply with quote

Lee Watts wrote:

I don't have one. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lee Watts

PostPosted: Wed 05 Nov, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

CC are the spawn of all evil.,,, the dark lord himself is the keeper of the CC.
its great to buy things with em but unfortualty you have to pay them off which is the hard part.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 05 Nov, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!         Reply with quote

Lee Watts wrote:

They're poorly made, completely un-historic, the detail is shoddy, the blade's made of tin foil, and hear the people at Albion get pleasure out of kicking small furry animals.

And my god, the Vinland is gorgeous... wait, I mean crap. Utter crap.
Tom M. McIntire

PostPosted: Mon 17 Nov, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!         Reply with quote

Lee Watts wrote:

Look at some of the Deltins !

Tom
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Mon 17 Nov, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!         Reply with quote

Tom M. McIntire wrote:
Lee Watts wrote:

Look at some of the Deltins !

Tom

You're right Tom.

Any true collector that compares a Del Tin Viking to an Albion Next Gen Viking, will immediately go charge his CC to the max on the Next Gen's........

*g*

Yeah, seeing a Del Tin will put things in perfect perspective.....

Auld Dawg

swords are fun
Leif Hansen
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You can't actually go into battle with it.

--Wait, maybe that's a good thing, as you'd surely be the cause of much devastation!

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > say something negative about albions vikings Please!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic