Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > What's the problem? (dates) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: What's the problem? (dates)         Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I know a lot of you guys are with me on this. What's up with the confusion regarding dates and how people write them I mean even very reputable arms and armour makers get this wrong. A sword from the 14th C. means that it is from the 1300s. A mace from the 15th C. maeans that it is from the 1400s. I believe people get this wrong sometimes and it is very important to know the time period of the weapon or armour that you wish to purchase or study. Some homogeneity is in order.
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 05 Nov, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: What's the problem?         Reply with quote

Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Hello everyone,
I know a lot of you guys are with me on this. What's up with the confusion regarding dates and how people write them I mean even very reputable arms and armour makers get this wrong. A sword from the 14th C. means that it is from the 1300s. A mace from the 15th C. maeans that it is from the 1400s. I believe people get this wrong sometimes and it is very important to know the time period of the weapon or armour that you wish to purchase or study. Some homogeneity is in order.

I think a lot of it is just typing without thinking. I know that many of the errors on our pages are just a result of thinking "1450" and writing "mid-14th century," knowing full well that it is miid-15th... Even in proofreading they get missed... We correct them when we find them or when a customer points it out. Our site has about 367 pages on it and with all of that, mistakes happen... embarassing, but true...

Best,

howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Wed 05 Nov, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think we've all been guilty, of mixing the dates to the centuries, from time to time !
It may be 2003 but my head still thinks 20th century *g* ( probably due to all that good 20th c. music ;-)

Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > What's the problem? (dates)
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic