Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Shield pairings in the 15th Century Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
T. Kew

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sean Manning wrote:

Someone reproduced a big gilded pavise in Ingolstadt and shot a windlass crossbow at it on YouTube. I can't find the video so it may be private.

I believe you're looking for this video from Andreas Bichler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Rl9DLUfao

HEMA fencer and coach, New Cross Historical Fencing
Sean Manning

PostPosted: Wed 09 Nov, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

T. Kew wrote:
Sean Manning wrote:

Someone reproduced a big gilded pavise in Ingolstadt and shot a windlass crossbow at it on YouTube. I can't find the video so it may be private.

I believe you're looking for this video from Andreas Bichler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Rl9DLUfao

That's the one! (Technically anonymous, and I see that the original pavise is in the BNM in München).

www.bookandsword.com
Ryan S.

PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Dan Kary wrote:

That's really cool. I wonder where I could find a good pavise. I found some online but I am not sure if they were any good. This group probably only makes them for other group members. Interesting how they define pavise when there are lots that have rounded tops, for example (there seem to be a lot of different shapes). Yeah the flail stood out to me as particularly Bohemian. I wonder what the deal is with a two handed flail with a huge pavise. Is the idea that the put the pavise down and attack (or rather defend) from behind it?

If you have facebook, you could just ask them. I think shipping costs would make it impractical for them to ship one, but they might be able to give you tips for building them. I think defining them as rectangular should be understood as a rough description, and not excluding rounded off tops or bottoms.

I think the flail wielder doesn't carry the pavise in battle, rather is either in the war wagon or the second row.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Shield pairings in the 15th Century
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: