Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Regenyei Armoury Kriegsmesser (sharp) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Holger Mahling

PostPosted: Thu 19 Mar, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject: Regenyei Armoury Kriegsmesser (sharp)         Reply with quote

Hello all;

i am stuck at home due to a fever (doesnt seem to be the damned Corona thing after all), and therefore i like to share with you some pictures of my latest aquisition:

A sharp Kriegsmesser , made by Regenyei Armoury in Hungary. When i was searching for a real big one of those weapons i stumbled upon RA's website , and the sword immediately caught my eye with its super slender lines and its grace. Just having received a sharp Montante from them some time ago, which i was pretty impressed with, i gave it a shot and ordered. After three months i got word that the sword is ready to ship, and two weeks ago it landed here! At 580 Euro shipped i am quite impressed again; the craftmansship is super clean, not Albion, not Sulowski or Kopiuscz, but surely a step or two above other eastern european manufacturers. Highly recommended! Cutting is still to be done, but the dry handling is nice for such a big weapon, and you dont feel the 2,2 kg. Blade is not wobbly at all, the polish is kind of a "working horse" polish, which i prefer to ultramirrored blades. Distal taper is there, about 6 mm at the guard down to 2 mm just before the tip The weight is data from their website from their BLUNT blade, so mine could be lighter anyway. Enjoy!

Width of the blade at the crossbar: 40 mm
Crossbar: 29 cm unique ringed and twisted
Width of the ring: 11 cm (modification is not available)
Height of the ring: 4 cm (modification is not available)
Pommel: unique messer
Handle: 34,5 cm (including pommel), with wenge-wood and ornament rivets
Weight: around 2200 gramm (+/- 20 gramm)
PoB: around 10,5 cm far from the crossbar (+/- 1,5 cm)

https://imgur.com/a/UIbt9MP

Last edited by Holger Mahling on Thu 19 Mar, 2020 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Thu 19 Mar, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very nice looking. Everything I have seen made by Regenyei has been very nice. I have a beautiful blunt longsword by him (and when I say longsword, I really mean it, 100cm plus 35cm hilt) and it has a great balance, it feels like a live, sharp blade. Happy
Holger Mahling

PostPosted: Thu 19 Mar, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Luka Borscak wrote:
Very nice looking. Everything I have seen made by Regenyei has been very nice. I have a beautiful blunt longsword by him (and when I say longsword, I really mean it, 100cm plus 35cm hilt) and it has a great balance, it feels like a live, sharp blade. Happy

Then they nailed it! Thats very often a problem with blunts: too light, too heavy, off balance...

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Regenyei Armoury Kriegsmesser (sharp)
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic