Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Manville Settler's Days Lincoln RI Sept 22-23 2018 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Manville Settler's Days Lincoln RI Sept 22-23 2018         Reply with quote

Barring unforeseen wet weather, I will probably be displaying a couple of tables with both modern and antique blades. My display has shrunk, as has participation, so I have loaded out fewer swords. So far, it looks like I will concentrate on the cavalry and eagle pommel swords. I've not loaded out modern medieval or Japanese style stuff, nor the spears. The process has become a bit overwhelming when I do this solo.

So, without further pomp or circumstance, an obligatory shot from last year.

This will be the fifteenth year. I will not be there if it rains and I may be moving back to the field instead of under the trees. This is a family friendly event with a primary focus on the firearms ranges but there is archery and a hawk tossing station.

Cheers
GC
Ian Hutchison

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wish we had such events in my area, looks like a great stand.
'We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose.' - Adrian Carton de Wiart
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Sat 01 Sep, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Still tentative and pending weather. My back is in really rough shape and I may scale down even further. While apparent in scans two decades ago, my thoracic pain has become greater than my L4-L5 issues. I will update a week before the event.

Cheers
GC
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

With the weather looking predictably uncertain, it looks like I will not be displaying this year. No doubt this decision will guarantee the weather will be excellent and I might do the knives and a small handful of swords but with the main cache at a remote distance, I would have to start this weekend. We did do a couple of soggy weekends but doing this solo is just too much if there is even a hint of showers. We did one Sunday indoors but the fiddlers were deafening. I will look forward to this event in another year.

Cheers
GC

An edit on the fence here. I may well be there with just a few swords and the knives but not with the eagles and other cavalry swords. Last minute update would be Friday night.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Manville Settler's Days Lincoln RI Sept 22-23 2018
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic