Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword gone missing in postal system for 2 months Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Sebastian Szukalski

PostPosted: Mon 29 May, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Sword gone missing in postal system for 2 months         Reply with quote

According to Jean L'hoste's "Les Sabres" this is a French Light Cavalry superior officers sabre circa 1799-1800. I bought it earlier in the year and it was send via airmail on the 15th of march, and still says "in transit" on the tracking number.

If you see it on ebay, etc, please message me, as I suspect it's been removed from the postal system and either has been sold or will be sold.

Attachment: 310.07 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 315.1 KB
[ Download ]
Lancelot Chan
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 29 May, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Sword gone missing in postal system for 2 months         Reply with quote

Sebastian Szuakslki wrote:
According to Jean L'hoste's "Les Sabres" this is a French Light Cavalry superior officers sabre circa 1799-1800. I bought it earlier in the year and it was send via airmail on the 15th of march, and still says "in transit" on the tracking number.

If you see it on ebay, etc, please message me, as I suspect it's been removed from the postal system and either has been sold or will be sold.

Usually you can file an investigation and that'll push them to check things.

Ancient Combat Association —http://www.acahk.org
Realistic Sparring Weapons — http://www.rsw.com.hk
Nightstalkers — http://www.nightstalkers.com.hk
Sebastian Szukalski

PostPosted: Mon 29 May, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Sword gone missing in postal system for 2 months         Reply with quote

Lancelot Chan wrote:

I have, but so far nothing (and it;s been a few weeks). I have little faith in their ability to track it down. So for the moment, I thought I'd share this in the hopes that someone sees it on ebay, etc.
Lancelot Chan
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 29 May, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Sword gone missing in postal system for 2 months         Reply with quote

Agree. Best wishes.

Lancelot Chan wrote:

I have, but so far nothing (and it;s been a few weeks). I have little faith in their ability to track it down. So for the moment, I thought I'd share this in the hopes that someone sees it on ebay, etc.

Ancient Combat Association —http://www.acahk.org
Realistic Sparring Weapons — http://www.rsw.com.hk
Nightstalkers — http://www.nightstalkers.com.hk
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Mon 29 May, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

from memory,
the seller- sender has to chase up the postal side,
check your customs depot etc,
a request for refund will speed things up I expect,
good luck, I hope it all ends well,
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Mon 29 May, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Buddy, I hate to be a harbinger of bad news, but if you haven't gotten it by now---it's either hung up in customs or it's hung up on someone's wall. That's a pretty nice original sword. I'd be royally pissed-off. I assume you are in the US and you bought this from overseas (Europe? UK?). Do check with the US customs offices. Depending on where it came from, it could have landed in several different locations. It might be a hit on your telephone bill, but I would be making some calls. Using the internet would be the easiest, but I would phone them to speak with a rep directly from their offices. It's *gotta be* somewhere. A package of that size doesn't just get misplaced. But---chances are---it was outright stolen. Best of luck, friend. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. Worried ....McM
''Life is like a box of chocolates...'' --- F. Gump

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword gone missing in postal system for 2 months
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic