Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Help with soft kit Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gábor Benko

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Help with soft kit         Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I'm planning, to improve my third quarter of the 14th century (cca. 1350-1375 soft kit. I'm reenacting a german or hungarian knight (depends on point of view) a member of the Ellerbach family. Obviously germanic origins but a branch of the family started to serve king Louis the Great of Hungary and they've been adopted to the ranks of the hungarian nobility, considering, that they had achieved a membership in the "miles aulae regni" (the knights of the king's court), and also get a castle (with other possessions in six villages as well) at Hungary as a donation from the king. The title of the knight of the king's court is not a major office, it signifies that the person is belonging to the upper class of nobility, although, he is not the member of the aristocracy. Why have I written this all down? Because I'm curious for your advise, that for a person in this kind of wealth and social conditions what kind of cloth do you suggest for a 14th century cotte? (currently I have a red velvet cotte)

If you could tell your opinion, or suggest me something, I would be very grateful!

"Usque ad finem"
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Velvet cotte (I presume you mean coat) , a satin-like shirt, tights, long belt with a small pouch and a dagger. Shoes could range from low-rise boots all the way to thigh -high riding boots. For lounging about the castle, velvet slippers ought to work. A period -style 'slouch hat' with a feather plume would look great. Anyway, that's what I would consider a Hungarian noble of the times to be dressed like. I could be totally wrong though. And jewelry.....lots of jewelry........or "bling-bling" as we call it here in the U.S. That's all I can come up with. Anyone else have a better selection?.................McM
''Life is like a box of chocolates...'' --- F. Gump

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Help with soft kit
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic