Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Glad to Win a Gladius!Contest
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 04 Nov, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Contest: Glad to Win a Gladius!         Reply with quote

Glad to Win a Gladius!

Each year for the last several years has seen a member-initiated donation drive intended to pay the big annual cost to host this site. This year's drive ended a couple months ago and successfully paid off that hosting bill. This contest is an acknowledgement to those who contributed. Thanks goes out to all those who donated, purchased membership plans, or helped get the word out to encourage others to do the same. You guys took the burden off my shoulders alone and I certainly appreciate it.

Over the years, a bunch of prizes have been given out, but this is the first time we've given away a gladius. I'm glad to be able to give it away and I hope the winner will be glad to win it!

I bought this this prize with what I had left of the contribution money, but a thanks must go out to Patrick Kelly for giving me a deal on it.

THE PRIZE:

Valiant Armoury Signature Edition Actium Roman Gladius

The Signature Edition Actium Gladius has a blade made of 1060 carbon steel. The hilt is made of dark stained wood. This example has been modified from the standard offering in that the white paint and varnish has been removed from the grip. Linseed oil was applied to make for a much more pleasing look. The matching scabbard is wood-cored with a leather exterior and brass accents. A leather baldric is also included.

This gladius was designed by Angus Trim and Christian Fletcher and licensed and produced by Valiant Armoury.

Approximate measurements (taken from the maker):
Overall length: 32.375"; Blade length: 25.1"; Weight: 2.3 pounds; Grip length: 3.75"

HOW TO ENTER:

Follow the instructions shown in this button:

If the button says you can click it to enter, that's all you have to do.

If it says something else, you can click it for further info. Make sure you're logged-in before you try to enter.

ELIGIBILITY:

You must be a registered member of myArmoury.com and have donated $10 US or more within 90 days of the contest's start date or be a current member of the Benefactors, Upgraded Members, or Premier Members usergroups. All donations made after Aug 6, 2015 are considered. Please note that anonymous donations cannot be counted.

If you're not eligible for the contest, you can click the button above for further details.

Please see our myArmoury.com Membership Plans to subscribe to a usergroup or our Donation Page.

GENEROSITY BRINGS OPPORTUNITY:

When the contest closes, the names of all the participants will be thrown into a hat. Every $10 contributed as part of a donation or as the cost of a membership plan will earn that participants a separate chance to win. This means that members who donated $10 to the site will have one (1) chance to win. Members who donated $50 to the site will have five (5) chances to win. Members who donated $100 to the site will have ten (10) chances to win... and so on. The more donated, the better the odds of winning the prize!

Entrants must be made prior to contest close on Monday Dec 14, 2015 at Midnight PST. All participants will be entered into a drawing and the winning names will be randomly selected later that same day.

Thanks goes out to everybody who has given to this site. Good luck to everyone!!

Contest-specific rules and limitations:

1. You must be a registered member of myArmoury.com. Donations must be made while logged-in
  2. myArmoury.com moderators and Team Members are eligible to win since they have been amongst the most generous with their donations
  3. Should the winning entrant choose not to accept the prize, another winner will be selected
  4. The contest system cannot allow anonymous donors to join the contest. We respect the privacy of anonymous donors and so do not store the private information of anonymous donors
  5. The contributed amounts will never be revealed to the public by myArmoury.com. Contest entrants can choose for themselves if they wish to share this with the community
  6. Prize shipment might be delayed until after the holidays

Please read our detailed Rules and Limitations document for complete information and our disclaimer.

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 04 Nov, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As of posting this contest, only 94 members are eligible. These are great odds so don't forget to enter! Who knows? You might win.

And by all means, don't forget to enter our other contest, too! Everyone is eligible for that one.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 05 Nov, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Have you joined this contest yet?

Aren't you curious what your chances of winning are?

Remember, your odds to win will change as more people enter the contest. Keep checking back to see your updated chances..

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 05 Nov, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A really nice prize I would certainly enjoy winning it, but contrary to my best selfish interests I encourage all eligible people to join the contest, even if it reduced my odds of winning ....... what would be the fun if it's too easy. Wink Big Grin Cool

I already won a prize some years back and I would feel " ALMOST GUILTY " winning again if eligible people didn't participate.

I'm certainly going to check on my odds of winning often, what about you ? . Wink

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Viktor Abrahamson

PostPosted: Fri 06 Nov, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

oh, I have joined for sure!
A very nice prize indeed!

/Viktor
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Fri 06 Nov, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glad to see the lights still on. Happy

I can't spend as much time as I'd like, but I'm glad to continue to support this community. Thanks for the opportunity to check in from time to time.
Scott Hrouda

Reading list: 87 books

PostPosted: Fri 06 Nov, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice touch with the "view your chances" button Nathan. Happy

My chances were 0, until I realized my membership had lapsed. Eek!

Now they're looking pretty good at this point, but I'd prefer if they weren't. Wink

...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped. - Sir Bedevere
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 16 Nov, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who is eligible for this contest. That means that you've contributed to the site and that's more important to me now than ever. Thank you for that.

There's still a lot of you who are eligible but have not entered. Why not? You might win a sword.

For those who are eligible for the contest:

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER

Contributing does not automatically enter you into the contest.

If it says something else, you can click it for further info. Make sure you're logged-in before you try to enter.

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 07 Dec, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

THERE ARE STILL 50 ELIGIBLE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT ENTERED

This isn't too alarming because not everyone wants to win the prize... but some of you probably do and just haven't remembered to actually enter the contest. This is your reminder.

Contributing does not automatically enter you into the contest.

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 14 Dec, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This contest entry period is over. The winner has been announced!

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Glad to Win a Gladius!Contest
Page 1 of 1