Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A New Custom item and news Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 16 Nov, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: A&A New Custom item and news         Reply with quote

Happy November all! A few updates and a reminder only 38 sword swinging days to Christmas!

Stock up on your Arms & Armor needs for the holidays! If you are looking for a present for someone this season we will be happy to help you with the process. We can provide suggestions and any info you may need to make a great choice. We are especially adept at helping spouses sort out the strange word you have put on your Christmas list. Eek!

Check our News Page for an addition to our custom section, a Russian-styled Viking Sword.

The News Page is also the best source of info on an increase in our prices coming in 2016.

Last but not least we recently added a unique rendition of our Hungarian Axe on the Muster Page!

One of Hungarian Axe

Have a great holiday season from A&A and watch for some unique things we hope to have available soon!
Shahril Dzulkifli

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 30 Nov, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: A&A New Custom item and news         Reply with quote

Casting flaw? Was there a slight mistake during the making of this Hungarian axe?

“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength”

- Marcus Aurelius
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 01 Dec, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: :-) good guess         Reply with quote

Yes the lower corner was messed up so we scalloped the section along the lines one sees in some similar axes.

Have a great day
Craig
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 01 Dec, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yikes! I've been away too long. I was just sitting here thinking to myself "I wonder if Craig and company are doing Christmas knives this year" so I went to the website to look and to my surprise found out that the URL didn't work. A little quick detective work here at myArmoury and I found out why! Yeesh I've got to keep up. I hope all is going well up in MN Craig! The question remains however... any Christmas knives this year?
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Christmas stuff         Reply with quote

Hi Russ

Good to hear from you. We do have a few things we are trying to finish but our crew is light at the moment and we are really busy so they are going to be a bit. We may also have some New Years stuff as opposed to xmas this year Happy

Happy Holidays
Craig
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's okay I'm good with New Years too! Happy Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
J.D. Crawford

(5 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 04 Dec, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Too bad Tim's XI Russian Viking isn't a regular production piece; the more I look at it the more I like it. I've been thinking it would be nice to have an XIa -one hardly sees those in production- although I'd go for the more standard wide blade with straight cross and small Brazil nut pommel.

By the way, should A&A wish to put any of my past custom pieces into production, I would not mind. (See below.)

Attachment: 212.16 KB
dscf8077s_120.jpg

J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Sat 05 Dec, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well I stole your picture JD, now it's in my secret A&A inspriations file. My favorite of these is the Type O sword, also your profile pic, but all are very nice. Second favorite is probably the "Wide Fuller One" as I think of it. And then this new Russian one, which is really quite great.
J.D. Crawford

(5 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 06 Dec, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Nicolaysen wrote:
Well I stole your picture JD, now it's in my secret A&A inspriations file. My favorite of these is the Type O sword, also your profile pic, but all are very nice. Second favorite is probably the "Wide Fuller One" as I think of it. And then this new Russian one, which is really quite great.

Thank you JN. I don't mind people copying my custom pieces either as long as there's some little acknowledgment. Some of these pieces are 'right out of the book' but some are my own designs based on quite a bit of research.

PS - unfortunately the Russian piece belongs to Tim Lison, not me. Sad

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A New Custom item and news
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic