Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Recommendations for tournament online manager? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Radovan Geist

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Recommendations for tournament online manager?         Reply with quote

Let me ask you for an advice guys. We are planning to start here something like a "regional league" in rapier fencing. First we are trying to create an infrastructure - a website which would show results of jousts, individual stats for each participant, etc. Could anyone recommend me a good online tournament management tool? If it´d be free, even better...
Technical specifics:

- it will be a "league-type" tournament, each participant should fence with all other participants (throughout the year)
- it should be able to accommodate up to 50 participants (realistically, not more than 20-30 will participate, but I prefer to have a buffer)
- jousts scheduling should be flexible: each participant will have 10 months to joust with others, but I would leave the scheduling and ordering flexible.
- possibility to add photos and videos is welcome Happy

I have searched on Google, some of the tools I´ve found seem to fit better, some less, but none is exactly what I need. Of course, I could do the tournament table in spreadsheet etc, but I´d prefer something more sophisticated. Any advice or recommendation would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Leo Rousseau

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello,

If you have some knowledge in web development it is something rather easy to write yourself in PHP. I did something analog in Python as a student project times ago, it is an off-line script though, but I can get it back and give you the sources.
Radovan Geist

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Leo, thank you for your offer, it´s really appreciated. But I´m afraid I´m completely useless in programing / web development, so I wouldn´t be able to use it Sad But still, thank you.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Recommendations for tournament online manager?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic