Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Kult of Athena Sale Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeffrey Faulk

PostPosted: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Kult of Athena Sale         Reply with quote

Hello,

For the amateur customizers of blades out there, Kult of Athena has decided to post a number of blades otherwise considered unacceptable for their standards of quality to sell for severely reduced prices on their website. In the interest of spreading the word, here it is if you haven't already noticed it on their Facebook:

http://kultofathena.com/new_items.asp

These are mainly Windlass pieces but a number are Del Tin, Darksword, Legacy Arms (formerly Generation 2) and Universal Swords. They are mainly sabers and medieval pieces, but there are a few oddballs in there such as a Del Tin rapier or a Legacy Arms gladius. There's also a Hanwei Chinese jian. I suspect that due to the individual nature of the damages they are listing, each listing may be only one or two swords, so if you see something that you like, you may want to go ahead and 'pull the trigger' on that. Some examples: Windlass M1860 saber for $50 (!), Valiant Armoury Castile for $100 (!!! That's a very nice piece for the price), and so forth.

These all have some cosmetic or mechanical issue, however for some work you could get an extremely decent blade for a very good price. If nothing else, parts for a future project Happy Cosmetic issues are easily enough dealt with-- scratches, leather-work, and what not. There are some with more serious damage such as mis-aligned or bent blades, however a little work will clean that up.

There are also more in their 'Special Sales' section, although most of those are simply 'normal' swords that they are trying to get rid of to clear out old stock, I think. There are some Darkswords in here, some katana, and a number of Universal Sword sabers that have more serious issues but could be repaired or broken up for parts (if you feel like breaking up a $100 purchase, anyway!).

http://kultofathena.com/sale.asp

Enjoy Happy
Shahril Dzulkifli

PostPosted: Sat 20 Sep, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Kult of Athena Sale         Reply with quote

Twelve of the newly-arrived swords were called 'blowouts' - a term used for an item with scratches and dents - which differ likely from the pictured item.
“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength”

- Marcus Aurelius
Karl Knisley

PostPosted: Sun 21 Sep, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Kult of Athena Sale         Reply with quote

Shahril Dzulkifli wrote:
Twelve of the newly-arrived swords were called 'blowouts' - a term used for an item with scratches and dents - which differ likely from the pictured item.

Hello
I dont think so. He is good about posting pics of actual items in stock..

regards
Max L

PostPosted: Sun 21 Sep, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Kult of Athena Sale         Reply with quote

Karl Knisley wrote:
Shahril Dzulkifli wrote:

Hello
I dont think so. He is good about posting pics of actual items in stock..

regards

Yeah, whenever he does pre-owned or scratchndent items the pictures are of the actual item being sold, and he'll provide pictures that show any issues or flaws.
Will McIntyre

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the heads up! Scooped up one of the VAAtrim arming swords Happy
Take Me Up
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 23 Sep, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just received my KOA blowout acquisition - a Baltimore Knife and Sword blunt longsword. The defect is a slightly bent blade, especially towards the blade tip. Looking at the side-view photo, it didn't seem to be that much. At 45% off it seemed like a good buy. I was curious about the BKS longswords from a stage combat perspective. Earlier I'd bought one of their cutlasses, and it had functioned and held out very well in the rigors of stage combat.

So I now have it, and the blade bend is minimal. The sword is a little overweight at 3lbs 11oz and has no distal taper to speak of, but it handles adequately. The blade is 32 inches long as are the great majority of BKS longswords It's definitely worth the $220.00 that I paid for it. Not a pretty sword, but it will look OK from a distance.

I wonder if BKS could be persuaded to put some more distal taper in their blades while keeping their durability?

Attachment: 95.61 KB
BKS01xsides.jpg
BKS01 side view

Attachment: 97.93 KB
BKSfullms.jpg
BKS01

Attachment: 97.7 KB
BKShiltms.jpg
BKS01

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Kult of Athena Sale
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic