Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > HEMA on the wide screen. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeroen T

PostPosted: Thu 22 May, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: HEMA on the wide screen.         Reply with quote

My HEMA group in a major movie!!!

Michiel de Ruyter was a famous Admiral in the Dutch and European history. He was also one of the founders of the very first Marine corps.
Director Roel Reiné is making a film about this legendary person.

I'm part of a HEMA group called Noorderwind that is also dedicated to showing HEMA techniques in shows and movies.
We believe that there are to many historical movies in wich the sword figthing is very poor. And if the main figths are acceptable then the background figths are usually very poor.
We allready did some nice things with film like doing figths for the BBC series "The White Queen".

When we heard of the new Michiel de Ruyter film we contacted the Director and invited him to one of our trainings. 
We prepared a demo in the style of 17th century naval figthing with some awesome Meyer dussack techniques etc....

The director Roel and stunt coördinator Dickey Beer very much liked our Demo and from that moment we were in!!!!!!

We are basically doing all the figths and according stunts and are given Carte Blanche when it comes to figthing techniques.

So i don't have to tell you how psyched i am.
Last week we had a training week with Dickey and that was awesome. The shooting started this week and starting from the end of june the sea battles are being shot. 

Roel Reiné has a very awesome way of shooting action in film, Dickey Beer is a legend as stuntman and stuntcoördinator and Alex Gunn is doing SFX.
With them we as Noorderwind are dedicated to make this film a big succes and bring HEMA onto the wide screen.

Last edited by Jeroen T on Thu 22 May, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robert Frey

PostPosted: Thu 22 May, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing it on the wide screen.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > HEMA on the wide screen.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic