Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Deepeeka Hersir Viking Sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Kevin Hanna

PostPosted: Wed 04 Sep, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Deepeeka Hersir Viking Sword         Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm new to this site but I've been following a few posts here. Also, when I search something I tend to end up here on one of your reviews or discussions. So I figured I'll make an account Happy But anyways, I'm an occasional sword hobbyist. I've owned a couple Musashi, Kenryu, and Windlass swords. My favorite Windlass was the Ulfberht and since owning it, my favorite style of sword has been the Viking sword and as you can tell, I always go for the real steel but budget priced swords. Who knows, maybe one day I'll have the guts to throw down $1,400 on an Albion Hersir but I don't foresee that happening for a long time. At least until after I get promoted a couple more times lol. I've been looking for a review of the Deepeeka Hersir. I've never owned a Deepeeka but have always heard of their swords being hit or miss. I've also read (even on here at myArmoury) that Deepeeka's new line is a world apart from their old line. It's definitely a big improvement. But I cannot find a single review on the Hersir. It's been out for a little while and Armorvenue JUST got them back in stock so people have been buying them. But no one has reviewed it. I decided to purchase the sword anyway, about 3 days ago. It hasn't arrived yet, but I guess I'll be the first to review the Deepeeka Hersir Viking Sword once it does. Unless someone here knows of a review? If so I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction. But I seriously have scoured the internet searching for a review.
Well the first War of the Machines seems to be drawing to its final inconclusive chapter—leaving, alas, everyone the poorer, many bereaved or maimed and millions dead, and only one thing triumphant: the Machines. --J.R.R. Tolkien, WWII
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Wed 04 Sep, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I cannot provide a review for the Deepeeka sword. However, you might want to know that Viking Shield sells Squire Line Albion Viking swords. They don't have quite the same edge as a Next Generation sword, and feature a more basic finish and grip than their Next Gen cousins. That having been said, the Squire Line gives you access to a Viking sword with a beautiful pommel, cross, and blade for a fraction of a new Next Gen sword. So you might want to keep this in mind for your next purchase.

http://www.viking-shield.com/c/112/squire-line
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Wed 04 Sep, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looking at the weight of the Deepeeka Hersir, it is somewhere between 1 lb to 1/2 lb. too heavy for most Viking swords. In fact, at 3.5 lbs, it is nearly as heavy as Albion's Tritonia. Unless it's really well balanced, it's probably going to be a beast in hand, and not that easy to wield.
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Wed 04 Sep, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Deepeeka is working hard to improve their line and I think they are making progress but just have not arrived. One of the problems I have is obtaining any of the new stuff from them. The Scottish targes, which are great and which I posted on earlier, are terrific but there is now an ETA of 2 - 3 months. I have also been trying to get an open faced burgonet but there is no ETA on that. If the Hersir is that heavy then I agree that it is far too heavy to be comfortable. The good folks at Deepeeka will surely work on that but have a ways to go. The nice thing about them, as always, is that they do make a lot of items that nobody else will touch.
Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Deepeeka Hersir Viking Sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic